Sgt Blackman

Status
Not open for further replies.

He isn't classed as a terrorist which is the legal point I think, he is/was a combatant and they are treat differently.
Thats the thing. While fighting he can be shot, once he's unarmed and no longer a threat to life he can't.
I think the main issue is it could be seen as he took pleasure in it. He's there to do a job at a high standard

He isn't classed as a terrorist which is the legal point I think, he is/was a combatant and they are treat differently.

If this is the precedent then we should be prosecuting all those who didn't follow the rules which enabled things like this to happen in the first place, start with Blair and Bush then work our way down. Politicians shouldn't be able to ruin life and lives without consequence.

Different for the Politicians though isn't it?:rolleyes:
Love to see some of those kernts locked up.

So you agree that at least two of ours should have put their life at greater risk to carry a dying terrorist through one of the most dangerous areas of the world? A terrorist who moments earlier was talking shots at the people who captured him?

To the fighters there, our soldiers are the terrorists. I'm sure you would have been full of understanding if one of theirs executed one of ours in similar circumstances.

I'm with him 100% and totally support his actions.

To the fighters there, our soldiers are the terrorists. I'm sure you would have been full of understanding if one of theirs executed one of ours in similar circumstances.

They aren't even comparable :oops: just because they are all fucked up and have a warped view of the world over there doesn't mean they are the same as the people who are putting their life on the line to defend our country

So shooting a dying terrorist from point blank range is punished, but incinerating them when they least expect it via flying robots in the sky is ok.

The rules of warfare are baffling.
Not really, in battle its a free for all,once you have control to you take prisoners

Thats the thing. While fighting he can be shot, once he's unarmed and no longer a threat to life he can't.
I think the main issue is it could be seen as he took pleasure in it. He's there to do a job at a high standard
Even when armed there are instances when they cannot be shot, in the case that a fighter is walking around with a weapon they can't be instantly engaged... from my understanding they have to be shooting before our forces can return fire. I seem to remember hearing that if you go through a building clearing it out and have shot someone on your way through you can't then go back through and shoot them again... I think it's important that we observe rules in war but there are times when they are a clear hindrance, I don't think a balance will ever be achieved to be honest and cases like Sgt Blackman will be a regular thing.

Exactly this, there are politicians and senior army personnel the world over ordering the unwarranted killing of hundreds of thousands of people yet it's the poor grunts on the ground that pick up the tab. If the situation was reversed he would of welcomed the bullet making a quick end.
There is a protocol for all offensives and traceability,the same protocol got this guy in jail,its a nasty business with rules we agree to

They aren't even comparable :oops: just because they are all fucked up and have a warped view of the world over there doesn't mean they are the same as the people who are putting their life on the line to defend our country

Righteo. Thankfully, our judicial system has people who can think clearly without being hindered by emotion.

In the most dangerous square mile on the planet as well. Taking a prisoner who was going to die anyway would have been suicide

What's more baffling than the ridiculous law is that people seem to be showing genuine compassion for someone who would have murdered countless innocents included British lads who were out there with Sgt Blackman.

You've got the wrong end of the stick if you think that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back