Settle an argument. Savaloy Dips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me and my lass went to Dicksons today in Newcastle City Centre. She got a savaloy dip and was asked if she wanted everything on. She moaned that they’d put mustard on. I said that’s normal and she reckons there’s never mustard on but has them all the time.

Who is right?

I’ve always had mustard on when you get the full whack.

She's right in a way. One of my small pet hates is when I order one in Dicksons and they ask if I want everything on, to which the answer is yes, they they say 'mustard as well'? Yes, that's why I said yes to 'everything on'.

Got one from Dicksons for the first time in ages the other day. Young lass asked did I want everything on? Said aye. Do I want the lid dipping? Said aye. Did I want mustard on? Said aye. She went off and came back 5 minutes later. The thing had clearly been microwaved within an inch of its life. Had to wait about half an hour before I coud even touch it out of the bag. Was fumin. 3/10.

Me and my lass went to Dicksons today in Newcastle City Centre. She got a savaloy dip and was asked if she wanted everything on. She moaned that they’d put mustard on. I said that’s normal and she reckons there’s never mustard on but has them all the time.

Who is right?

No one cares

As standard they come with mustard, hence you have to ask for nee mustard.

That's got me thinking whatever happened to that Nee Onions Mate poster??

Sicksons isn't no butchers, tho, yet they're the only ones to offer, but not spread as standard, or even when answered affirmatively to "Everything on", mustard. :)

Be a non Colmans powder, anyhow, most definitely.

Magpie knackers.

I've never had nor been offered mustard on a savaloy dip. Pease pudding, stuffing and dipped is everything shirley
True; mustard wasn't on the roster or considered sanctitude in respectable meat dealers.

Last edited:
Anyone who dips bread in brine is just a wrong'un.
:p

Nothing to do with north /south or anything else. Soggy bread is just wrong.

Oh I like a french dipped sandwich - is it brine they dip a saveloy dip in ?
I've never eaten one , they're in the same league as hotdogs / frankfurters and smokeys and just not for me.

Who is right?

Never used to have mustard on years ago now they have started doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back