September Challenge - Triptych - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you appear to have distorted the aspect ratio of the outside two frames, which is a shame.
I didn't know how else to do it on powerpoint. There wasn't room for three photos in the frame, so they had to be compressed? I'll put this down to a learning experience month I think.

Rubbish light, miles away, raining, wrong footwear, walked miles.. :lol:

I considered low-key b+w such was the low quality of light:

Logon or register to see this image

I think you made the right choice.

How did you make your triptych?

Photoshop, but it shouldn't be about shopping skills though.. want me to re-do your's as not to break the aspect of the images?

(if AB permits of course..)

Photoshop, but it shouldn't be about shopping skills though.. want me to re-do your's as not to break the aspect of the images?

(if AB permits of course..)
That's really kind of you.:-D

But so there are no accusations of help/favouritism/cheating/anything etc, I'll stay with my entry. But thanks.

What is breaking the aspect? Is it squashing?

That's really kind of you.:-D

But so there are no accusations of help/favouritism/cheating/anything etc, I'll stay with my entry. But thanks.

What is breaking the aspect? Is it squashing?

or stretching, anything which alters the proportions of a 4:3 / 16:9 image (standard aspects)

The comp should be about the image(s), not the quality of the shopping, which unfortunately you may get pulled up on in critique.. I might write a 'Paint' tutorial to do it...

Rubbish light, miles away, raining, wrong footwear, walked miles.. :lol:

I considered low-key b+w such was the low quality of light:

Aye, difficult to get proper light on SG because of the east west thing. Winter obv the best time, or with a good sky behind

Aye, difficult to get proper light on SG because of the east west thing. Winter obv the best time, or with a good sky behind

any light would have done TBH... it was glorious on the drive over, got out of the car and it started to drizzle (well, my wipers were on for the last mile of the drive..).. the second time we've drove out there and the condition's had changed at the last moment..

got a little bit of colour from the other side of the wall, but the angles were not symmetrical like I had in mind..

will revisit in the winter.

any light would have done TBH... it was glorious on the drive over, got out of the car and it started to drizzle (well, my wipers were on for the last mile of the drive..).. the second time we've drove out there and the condition's had changed at the last moment..

got a little bit of colour from the other side of the wall, but the angles were not symmetrical like I had in mind..

will revisit in the winter.

Yeah, I found it a far more awkward location than you first imagine

First light with frost and snow gotta be the thing. IIRC the angle is slightly better for dawn than dusk, or even later in morning during december, still golden light

You got a touch of camera shake on that last one, or just not sharpened?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I found it a far more awkward location than you first imagine

First light with frost and snow gotta be the thing. IIRC the angle is slightly better for dawn than dusk, or even later in morning during december, still golden light

You got a touch of camera shake on that last one, or just not sharpened?

yeah, it was really really windy; having seen the angle wasn't right I didn't really spend much time composing TBH..

Really awkward getting out of the place in pitch black.. scary as well.. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, it was really really windy; having seen the angle wasn't right I didn't really spend much time composing TBH..

Really awkward getting out of the place in pitch black.. scary as well.. :lol:

Wild boar and tartan raiders, all sorts round there like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back