September Challenge - Triptych - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A triptych is a piece of art divided into 3 sections. It doesn't have to be 3 distinct panels but it can be.

If you'd like some ideas, here is the Talk Photography Entries thread from January

All shots must be taken between now and the end of September.

Happy shooting

Well I'll ask first then, anyone know of a website that will help you edit your photo into a triptych and/or how will you upload it. (I did enter a multi picture back in November in the first year of the competition but iirc I used piknic/picnik to make the fourfold/quadtrych but that has gone now).

You have to download that don't you? Not sure I want to clog up my computer with more stuff that I'll never use - as you know I'm not a real fan of altering pictures. Thanks though.

OK - not used paint for ages - I'll give it a go. :)

you could go for a natural Triptych. Personally; I'd definitely be more interested in looking at those as opposed to a shopped one... but i may be forced to shop one though..

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=n...nW0QW9qIDACg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1638&bih=840

I don't usually comment on entries too much before the voting but I think a very high standard has been set by entry number one in more ways than one!

peachbum said:
I don't usually comment on entries too much before the voting but I think a very high standard has been set by entry number one in more ways than one!

Steeeeed, shamelessly appealing to the masses :)

Thats cheating that like :lol:

There's only one thing that can top that.... where's the details of that lass who plays with toys for 40 quid an hour!?

I doubt she would have any good ideas :confused:

Concurred. Great pic.

Was thinking of entering an astro themed pic this month (for a change) but motivating my arse to go outside three nights is a challenge these days.

Taken the photos.

Looked at gonk = it really is double dutch to someone who has never really done photo editing >>> all bloating and alpha tools:confused:

Spent an hour googling/using paint/trying different things.

IDEA :?: >> use power point.

Experimented with powerpoint and have an "OK" image (Had to compress images which spoiled them a bit but it was a learning process anyway).

Go to image shack to upload and enter to competition. But it is an EMF file and I can't get it on to image shack.

Running late - have to go - any ideas please?

Edit: too late to delete above - I have changed it to a j.peg so hopefully it will be ok now.

These are the three photos used - so you can see the compression spoiled them somewhat - but it was fun trying anyway.

Taken the photos.

Looked at gonk = it really is double dutch to someone who has never really done photo editing >>> all bloating and alpha tools:confused:

Spent an hour googling/using paint/trying different things.

IDEA :?: >> use power point.

Experimented with powerpoint and have an "OK" image (Had to compress images which spoiled them a bit but it was a learning process anyway).

Go to image shack to upload and enter to competition. But it is an EMF file and I can't get it on to image shack.

Running late - have to go - any ideas please?

Edit: too late to delete above - I have changed it to a j.peg so hopefully it will be ok now.

These are the three photos used - so you can see the compression spoiled them somewhat - but it was fun trying anyway.

Yes, you appear to have distorted the aspect ratio of the outside two frames, which is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back