Self build gaming PC advice

He just needs a starter one for now, then he is planning on starting to learn about building his own
Tell Carter he can have £400 for having such a shit name ;)
Oh, it'll take a PCv3 NVME SSD as well, which would probably be the best upgrade you could get - About £50 for half a TB as the boot disk and a fair few games. Pushes straight into the slot and one screw to hold it down. Easy as pie.

Last edited:
Is this any good for a starter gaming pc? Only £500

specifications:

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g 4 cores 3.5ghz base clock.

RAM: 2X8GBS OF XPG 2666MHZ RAM totalling 16 gbs.

graphics card: GTX 1650 4GB card basically the 1050 ti on steroids.

motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-K plenty of multi media ports and usb ports.

storage: 1x 1tb hard drive for mass game storage.

power supply: FiercePc 450 watt non-modular
fine for a 1080p / 900p low/medium e-sports type machine with the following caveats

ryzen 2200g is old now
ram is slow - ryzen loves fast ram (3000mhz or higher if your board supports it)
gpu - it is what it is in this day and age
mobo - lowest rank of board for ryzen

no ssd?

personally i think its overpriced by at least £50, and probably closer to £100

specifications:

I built one based around the 5600G with 3200mHz memory for £585. Want me to grab the full spec?

For £85 what we got was much higher spec than what you just listed.

This is £100 cheaper, and might be better
specifications:
There's a lad in Peterlee set himself up selling new and refurbed PCs on facebook - KrystiansComputers
It keeps coming up all the time in my sponsored ads since its close to me and I've searched loads of computer stuff lately, so I pinged him to see what he had for under £500, and he's come back with this. I think this is worth thinking about

- i3 10100F 4 Core / 8 Threads 3.6GHz - 4.3GHz Turbo (new)
- 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance (running at 2666MHz) (new)
- H410M Motherboard
- ASUS GTX 1060 6GB GPU
- Kioxia 500GB NVMe SSD (new)
- EVGA 600W 80+ PSU (new)
- Gamemax Stealth RGB TG Case (new)
- Windows 10 Pro

That CPU is a fair bit better than the Ryzen, as is the GPU, and it has a NVME SSD

Any questions --> KrystiansComputers

Last edited:

There's a lad in Peterlee set himself up selling new and refurbed PCs on facebook - KrystiansComputers
It keeps coming up all the time in my sponsored ads since its close to me and I've searched loads of computer stuff lately, so I pinged him to see what he had for under £500, and he's come back with this. I think this is worth thinking about

- H410M Motherboard
- ASUS GTX 1060 6GB GPU
- Windows 10 Pro

That CPU is a fair bit better than the Ryzen, as is the GPU, and it has a NVME SSD

Thanks for doing some more digging, I bought the one earlier, got a decent bit knocked off and a monitor thrown in as well.

It will do him to start and he can save up for a better one

- H410M Motherboard
- ASUS GTX 1060 6GB GPU
- Windows 10 Pro

the one above is on his website as sold out - and £550

(and its a shocking deal at £550)

if i'm being brutally honest - his 10100F is at least £100 over, his 6500 is £100 over, his 4590 about £75 over

conversely - his three cheapo deals are'nt priced badly at all

the one above is on his website as sold out - and £550

(and its a shocking deal at £550)

if i'm being brutally honest - his 10100F is at least £100 over, his 6500 is £100 over, his 4590 about £75 over

conversely - his three cheapo deals are'nt priced badly at all
Yeah, I thought that 6th gen one was overpriced too. I thought that £500 one was canny though. Moot now, as the first one has already been bought.

:eek: most of these facebook sellers are a disgrace, adding a few RGB fans to a reconditioned ex office machine and selling them on as "ultra fast" gaming computers.

if your after parts or a new machine keep an eye out on here

Last edited:
Sometimes it’s just easier.
lol, was just having one of those days

upgrading my lasses (no) pc - it had ran perfectly on my testbench as a daily driver for a month. Stuck it in her case, posted but only detecting 1 ram stick - lots of faffing on trying to fix it for it to just decide not to post at all

2 hours of parts swapping later till i thought feck it and got the mobo that was due to be a mates upgrade

(he'll just have to wait)

lol, was just having one of those days

upgrading my lasses (no) pc - it had ran perfectly on my testbench as a daily driver for a month. Stuck it in her case, posted but only detecting 1 ram stick - lots of faffing on trying to fix it for it to just decide not to post at all

2 hours of parts swapping later till i thought feck it and got the mobo that was due to be a mates upgrade

(he'll just have to wait)
This is why I was forced to buy my entire setup from one place - I don't have spares anymore, so I can't figure out what isn't working - I'd have had to RMA the entire order if that happened to me now.

This is why I was forced to buy my entire setup from one place - I don't have spares anymore, so I can't figure out what isn't working - I'd have had to RMA the entire order if that happened to me now.
It’s why I buy from or tell people to buy from Amazon. Less faffing about with returns.

Back