Second Test - England v West Indies (Old Trafford)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not been a bad day at all really and the Windies nowhere near as good as the first Test. Hopefully their batting will follow.

Confident of a win weather permitting

I’m sorry but I don’t agree about Sibley.
England have ended the day in a solid position but watching Dom at the crease with his style of play ala Trevor Bailey ,Ken Barrington,Colin Cowdrey and a poor mans Boycott would have me vacating me seat and heading for the bar or the early bus home I was wishing that Holder had held that slip chance to get rid of him because I was in a semi comotosed stupor waiting 11 balls for him to tickle the twelfth to the leg side
He is such a limited cricketer in my opinion and these days even for test cricket if you want to entice the wider public you really cannot go back to the blocker style of the fifties and suxties

He was turgid

Proper test cricket, much better from England (will probably collapse tomorrow morning now) stokes looking the part (except against holder 5 runs from 54 balls) and sibley has battled hard and done his job but gifted 2 chances, needs to make that 3 figure score to cash in.
400 minimum needed to put us in the box seat
That was just stupidity wasn’t it
As opener absolutely, his form was good enough to warrant a shot at 6 though imo

Last edited:
England have ended the day in a solid position but watching Dom at the crease with his style of play ala Trevor Bailey ,Ken Barrington,Colin Cowdrey and a poor mans Boycott would have me vacating me seat and heading for the bar or the early bus home I was wishing that Holder had held that slip chance to get rid of him because I was in a semi comotosed stupor waiting 11 balls for him to tickle the twelfth to the leg side
He is such a limited cricketer in my opinion and these days even for test cricket if you want to entice the wider public you really cannot go back to the blocker style of the fifties and suxties

He was turgid

Let’s bring back Jason Roy instead then 🙄

He was turgid
It’s day one in swinging conditions. Test cricket is so fast these days, virtually no draws unless bad weather, he’s done his job perfectly

He was turgid

Strike rates:
Turgid limited blocker Sibley: 33.99
Aggressive attacking Stokes: 37.11

Test cricket isn't for everyone.

He was turgid

Do you think the same about Stokes who also had a low strike rate? Ball was swinging all day and he's still there

Well he really has worked excellently on his leaving technique since one of his first leaves ended in the removal of his off stump bails
You can see he has been practising the art
Without being reckless I would like to see more effort in striking the ball please Dom
I might be a bit biased against the lad and he might over the years stick two fingers up to me and my doubts about his ability
Time will tell

Well he really has worked excellently on his leaving technique since one of his first leaves ended in the removal of his off stump bails
You can see he has been practising the art
Without being reckless I would like to see more effort in striking the ball please Dom
I might be a bit biased against the lad and he might over the years stick two fingers up to me and my doubts about his ability
Time will tell
It’s the first day of a test where the ball was nibbling about most of the day. He done a cracking job for the team to put us in a very good position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back