Second Ashes test - Your team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Australia had one. Is that ok?

Both Roy and Stokes moved to England as kids. Neither were cricketing tourists.

Douglas Jardine was born in India, Terry Butcher Singapore.

John Barnes Jamaica, Lenox Lewis Canada, yeah and it’s all wrong where you’re born is the country you should represent otherwise what’s the f***ing point ?.

John Barnes Jamaica, Lenox Lewis Canada, yeah and it’s all wrong where you’re born is the country you should represent otherwise what’s the f***ing point ?.
I do understand your point, although thankfully it's not the prevailing one IMO.

As the world gets even more globally connected I think you'd be better off embracing the way things are now, because they're certainly not going to go back to the way you want.

I do understand your point, although thankfully it's not the prevailing one IMO.

As the world gets even more globally connected I think you'd be better off embracing the way things are now, because they're certainly not going to go back to the way you want.

I don’t want them to go back, leave the past in the past, but in the future they should scrap all international sports, it’s pointless do it right or don’t do it at all, being able to pick which country you represent it ridiculous. With the quality of domestic sports international sport isn’t needed anymore scrap the lot.

Sibley
Burns
Root
Hain
Buttler
Stokes
Foakes
Woakes
Archer
Broad
Leach

Probably swap foakes and buttler but wanted the rhyming in the order. Foakes with gloves as clearly best keeper of the 3 in setup.

Unfortunately see only changes being Archer and Leach in for Jimmy and Ali

So Woakes moves up one with archer at 9 and leach 11

Last edited:
Do you like your gammon with egg or pineapple?

He probably wants blacks back on the plantations, too.
Burns
Roy
Root (C)
Bairstow
Stokes
Foakes
Buttler (WK)
Woakes
Leach
Broad
Archer
Bairstow at 4!?

Last edited:
Burns
Roy
Root
Curran
Stokes (c)
Buttler
Foakes (Wk)
Woakes
Broad
Archer
Leach

Make every pitch from now on green top and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Do you like your gammon with egg or pineapple?

He probably wants blacks back on the plantations, too.

Bairstow at 4!?

Yep. Take the gloves away and tell him he's a front line batsman and that's all he has to think about.

He's a quality player, probably our 3rd best after Root and Stokes has over taken him.

Time to stand up or ship out.

sibley is a bold call. Has he ever played for England before? Certainly not much and opening in an Ashes test is a big ask.
Nope, but every pick is a risk to some extent and Sibley is in form and he did ok for the Lions in an Aussie warm up match last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back