Season Card Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my mate have 4 Quinns sports bar tickets between us, renewal would be £4780. We probably spend around another £2000 in there over the season.
We feel exactly the same as you about this, they can fuck off. So there is another @£7k.

bloody hell,these lot sure know how to lose supporters and money,bloody idiots doing this kind of stuff,trouble with these fukas is that they're so bloody cocksure about what they are and what they're gonna do

Cancelled my 3 last night. Gutted to do so but even if I get no more direct debit scheme incentive or early bird prices It will take quite a while for that 700quid to be spent on the increases. Fuck them

its my first post so please be gentle.
I've been going since 1972 and yesterday marked a day in infamy. Cancelled last night as did 2 people I sit with, and today advised my brother to cancel too. Issue I've got( among plenty ) are fact club has never emailed/texted info regarding s/t renewals and its actually reliant on people checking the club website or reading forums eg rtg . Is this communication breakdown deliberate ? i.e they hope by no-contact that dd renewal just goes through regardless .
Also re echo article this morning, no mention of 'sorry ' ,no element of contrition, is this par for the course in modern society ?
Just seem to be digging themselves into a bigger hole, very soon will be hitting Australia.
Also one day will Safc employ people with the correct cv, the skillset to match the post ? One can only dream. Been going on far too long. Then you wonder why its an absolute mess.

As an aside first match was October 1972, home to luton town, lost 2-0( there's a surprise ) which future Safc legend scored for Luton that day ?

Still haven’t seen another club do similar. Kilmarnock and Wimbledon are offering refunds but being open and honest about finances, Bradford doing refunds

As far as I know Donald had never attended a RAWA meeting up until he had to try and smooth over the "Sunderland disease" comment. One of those suspected to be Methven on here had a meltdown yesterday and said he wasn't coming back.
Missed that. Was it Kildare by any chance??

One concern I have, is that there are so many cancelling, will the unfortunate souls working in the ticket office have enough time to process them so that we still don't have a payment taken?

its my first post so please be gentle.
I've been going since 1972 and yesterday marked a day in infamy. Cancelled last night as did 2 people I sit with, and today advised my brother to cancel too. Issue I've got( among plenty ) are fact club has never emailed/texted info regarding s/t renewals and its actually reliant on people checking the club website or reading forums eg rtg . Is this communication breakdown deliberate ? i.e they hope by no-contact that dd renewal just goes through regardless .
Also re echo article this morning, no mention of 'sorry ' ,no element of contrition, is this par for the course in modern society ?
Just seem to be digging themselves into a bigger hole, very soon will be hitting Australia.
Also one day will Safc employ people with the correct cv, the skillset to match the post ? One can only dream. Been going on far too long. Then you wonder why its an absolute mess.

As an aside first match was October 1972, home to luton town, lost 2-0( there's a surprise ) which future Safc legend scored for Luton that day ?

Vic?
One concern I have, is that there are so many cancelling, will the unfortunate souls working in the ticket office have enough time to process them so that we still don't have a payment taken?

Cancel it at the bank also
Is it too late to cancel ? If not how ? I on DD scheme

Tell your bank to cancel it, then email the club

Last edited:
Rodwell is Methvens mate and was supposed to be joining the club during the original takeover in this role for a 3% share. Methven was originally going to take 3% and the Donald the rest. However because Rodwell was on the board at the EFL it was deemed a conflict of interest. Rodwell was part of the board that ratified Donald as a fit and proper owner.
Well there we f***ing have it

Where you heard that mate ?

Seems there are a few people on here worried that even though they have emailed the club, and told their bank to cancel that the money will still come out.

Believe it or not I used to be the manager of the Direct Debit department in a large energy company. If you have cancelled and Sunderland do somehow manage to take your money in error. You contact your bank, they will contact Sunderland and they will have to refund your bank, which then comes to you. Its under the terms of The Direct Debit Guarantee,and dont be fobbed off by your bank, its called an Indemnity claim. If it happens to anyone and they are not getting their money back let me know and I will help. BUT MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL IT WITH THE BANK AND THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Not sure that it is a direct comparison mate. There are loads of supermarkets and brands. You only have one club with the choice of yes or no.
It might mean you do not use a 'direct competitor', but if the customer feels like the business does not appreciate their custom, that can only spell trouble long term.
You can not tell me that if they had done something 'to build the brand' and gave something to the fans for the final last year, that fans would not be more sympathetic now and more inclined to help out now - the best businesses build a mutal appreciation with their customers, football clubs are no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back