Seaburn Stack

Been today for first time, 6 of us from 2 households.

Pros
Due to rule of 6 it’s best place by far to go and legally eat / drink.
kid friendly.
warm with heaters on.
decent selection of food.
no que if you’ve booked.
food / drink not overly expensive

cons.
if you eat from different places you need to order separately as opposed to one order.
bit of a chew on registering app.
If you eat at different places somebody could have finished their bait before yours turns up.
food is ok, not great

overall it’s decent and will definitely go back.
So you are definitely going back to somewhere that you eat ‘ok food’ at different times to your friends? Wow.

You missed the best bit.

You get to eat it in a metal box.
I think it’s more the fact you can go with friends as it’s eating outside that seems to be the main draw.
The metal box thing is irrelevant really mate, it’s like saying sitting in Romanos is like sitting in a brick box with glass even spaced across the lower front.

The Covid hotspot. Young mobs not obeying rules by hugging each other. A member of staff from the Greek eatery was coughing all over during table service, even caught her blowing her nose with a customers used napkin. Place should be shut down

How exactly do you cough all over the tables while wearing a mask as all the servers do?

I smell bullshit, a large, bitter portion.

I think it’s more the fact you can go with friends as it’s eating outside that seems to be the main draw.
The metal box thing is irrelevant really mate, it’s like saying sitting in Romanos is like sitting in a brick box with glass even spaced across the lower front.
Aye fair point - I stand corrected (as Streaker used to say. RIP)

I’m a bit grumpy. I’ll sort myself out and have a better go at moaning later on.

Well done for your measured response. I feel rather guilty now.

So you are definitely going back to somewhere that you eat ‘ok food’ at different times to your friends? Wow.

I wasn’t expecting Michelin star and just in case it may have passed you bye, theres currently a global pandemic that prevents you from meeting inside.

I wasn’t expecting Michelin star and just in case it may have passed you bye, theres currently a global pandemic that prevents you from meeting inside.
I know to which I have said to someone trying to put the place down, the meeting outside seems to be the main attraction, which your post also refers too. The pros you mentioned except the meeting outside are available anywhere but the cons seem to be affiliated with the stack.
just an observation mate. I personally wouldn’t go in the winter, I could of had a place a few weeks ago but the weather was poor. I will definitely give it a go in the summer though. Looks good.

I know to which I have said to someone trying to put the place down, the meeting outside seems to be the main attraction, which your post also refers too. The pros you mentioned except the meeting outside are available anywhere but the cons seem to be affiliated with the stack.
just an observation mate. I personally wouldn’t go in the winter, I could of had a place a few weeks ago but the weather was poor. I will definitely give it a go in the summer though. Looks good.

Yeah at the minute the main attraction for me personally is being able to meet up with people in a legally safe environment. The kids enjoyed it also.
until restrictions are lifted I’ll use it mainly for that. Also in summer when weathers better will be good.

Yeah at the minute the main attraction for me personally is being able to meet up with people in a legally safe environment. The kids enjoyed it also.
until restrictions are lifted I’ll use it mainly for that. Also in summer when weathers better will be good.
My kids are using it for the same reason. The daughter meets her pals there. In all weathers as well, I don’t think they buy much to be honest. I think it will be chokka in the summer and I hope that the tenants who are there at the minute see it through and reap the rewards.

The Covid hotspot. Young mobs not obeying rules by hugging each other. A member of staff from the Greek eatery was coughing all over during table service, even caught her blowing her nose with a customers used napkin. Place should be shut down
Not true is it m8? Seriously don’t get why people lie like this, not even humorous.

It sounds dreamy sitting drinking in a shopping container- why didn’t we think of it before.

I mean who wants to sit in a pub next to a babbling brook when you could have a big metal box.
Who’s sitting in containers like? Been a canny few times since it’s opened and never been sat in one.

Went this week, was ok. Food was average, service was poor, atmosphere was good.
Do you order from an app mate? Are there different menus or just one?
It’s a fuck on, download an app, and then you need to scan a qr code for each menu, one at a time.

The food all turned up at different times and they fucked the order up too and refused to do anything about it.

Last edited:
Went this week, was ok. Food was average, service was poor, atmosphere was good.

It’s a fuck on, download an app, and then you need to scan a qr code for each menu, one at a time.

The food all turned up at different times and they fucked the order up too and refused to do anything about it.
Starting to hear this a lot mind. I’m sure it’s only a small percentage like most places. I remember a smoked meat place in town was the same it was class at first then the service became comical. It didn’t last ‘long’

Starting to hear this a lot mind. I’m sure it’s only a small percentage like most places. I remember a smoked meat place in town was the same it was class at first then the service became comical. It didn’t last ‘long’
Longhorns ? Was told they used to prepare their meat in Newcastle and ship it to Sunderland place so was never cooked for you. Which felt a let down imo.

Do the stack organise the table service, bring food to the table, or is it each individual company?

Guess that’s always the issue with ordering from separate companies that they will all having varying demand and unlikely have one system where you order from one source - likely gong to a festival and ordering from separate food vans.

Was it the place at Park Lane upstairs Above paddy power? What was Luma at one time?

Last edited:
Went a fourth time last night since it opened and have tried most of the eats now

the pizzas are the nicest things on offer I reckon, very nice

The burgers and the Mexican place is poor in my opinion, mushy and unseasoned, both of them. The Burger place has potential cause the choice of bun was nice but the patty and toppings were just shite when I tried it. About £7/8 for a burger and no jockeys as well, rip off.

whole place is a tad expensive like and not keen on the buskers that have been on, same few tunes on repeat. Who actually likes buskers? Surely neebody with any taste.

nice atmosphere though and the scanning QR codes to order is ideal

Back