Scullery Silky

Reviews eh?
Waited ages to be seen to, I normally say to a waiter/waitress as they walk past “excuse me we are finished can I have dessert/bill/coat etc” after the obligatory 5 mins wait of course.

Staff didn’t acknowledge I was there as they had their back to me, once again “excuse me” would help.

It’s not a dig against the posters mentioned but a dig against every review out there about everywhere.
It’s the worst thing that the internet is used for. It’s like people who stand looking at someone blocking their way in a supermarket instead of saying excuse me. Then moaning that someone was walking slowly or stood talking.
If ya notice it’s the women who moan about service.
Mums net this crap will you mods.

Reviews eh?
Waited ages to be seen to, I normally say to a waiter/waitress as they walk past “excuse me we are finished can I have dessert/bill/coat etc” after the obligatory 5 mins wait of course.

Staff didn’t acknowledge I was there as they had their back to me, once again “excuse me” would help.

It’s not a dig against the posters mentioned but a dig against every review out there about everywhere.
It’s the worst thing that the internet is used for. It’s like people who stand looking at someone blocking their way in a supermarket instead of saying excuse me. Then moaning that someone was walking slowly or stood talking.

It's the British way.

It’s the shithouse way mate.
Years ago we used to say “oooo am gonna write a letter” but never did cos we realised it’s not really worth it.
Now with technology it’s instant.

Service pretty much the same as everywhere else then?

Mostly. They're poor with big tables (as are many other places) and sometimes it's maybe lacking a little attentiveness. Nothing to go overboard about.

Mostly. They're poor with big tables (as are many other places) and sometimes it's maybe lacking a little attentiveness. Nothing to go overboard about.
It’s the review way though ain’t it? Like you say the type of people who write reviews don’t just write “it was ok and priced accordingly”

It’s like “waited 5 mins to get served” outrageous!!!!! Rude staff, the owners can’t run a business and won’t going back after this crime against humanity.

Me missus constantly reads reviews on holidays we book. She treats them like they are cast in iron. And says shit like “ooooo someone’s saying the rooms are dated” then a week later “yay!!! Someone says room a lovely”

Honest from the moment we book!
Get there...........it’s alreet. Foods alreet staffs alreet.

Reviews eh?

I work in a cafe myself. You don't turn your back on customers when working behind the counter, full stop. And a customer shouldn't have to ask to pay bill/clear table/ask for desserts or to order. As that is what excellent service is all about and it's what makes people want to go back, otherwise you'd just go to spoons or the like.

I work in a cafe myself. You don't turn your back on customers when working behind the counter, full stop. And a customer shouldn't have to ask to pay bill/clear table/ask for desserts or to order. As that is what excellent service is all about and it's what makes people want to go back, otherwise you'd just go to spoons or the like.
I’m not saying you should what I’m saying is if it happened just say excuse me, no need to write a review about it.
Spoons, one the biggest success stories on the high st over the last ten years? Good argument.
I know what you mean though, I just don’t like the idea of someone being able to affect your lively hood because they were not severed quick enough and can’t understand why someone would wait all that time to be served. I think sometimes people enter an establishment to write a review like they work for the guardian.

I’m not saying you should what I’m saying is if it happened just say excuse me, no need to write a review about it.
Spoons, one the biggest success stories on the high st over the last ten years? Good argument.
I know what you mean though, I just don’t like the idea of someone being able to affect your lively hood because they were not severed quick enough and can’t understand why someone would wait all that time to be served. I think sometimes people enter an establishment to write a review like they work for the guardian.

Nothing against spoons I eat there all the time, but if your wanting a nice meal out and your paying a bit more you want somewhere the service jumps out at you as being excellent.

I know when we went the lass who was serving spent most of her time behind the bar rather than wandering round to see if any tables need attention. I suppose that's why our cafe has won best cafe in co Durham for a top north east food magazine. Finishing touches all help, and I don't see why people shouldn't review a place regarding service if it's not up to scratch.

We had a 1* trip advisor review last week because the lady didn't like the cake , she ate it all but expected not to have to pay for it :lol: , now thats naughty. Those that actually have constructive criticism do help improve the business. For eg, if someone's waiting to pay don't carry on doing what you were doing

Last time I went I got served a burger which was literally just raw mince in the middle. Needless to say I haven’t been back.

I've always found it alright, although last time I was in there was a large group complaining they'd been waiting a while for their order to come out.

Been plenty times, on the first occasion when it first opened the food wasn’t the best, a chat to the waiter to inform them was enough, been back since and never had a problem with the food or service.

Know plenty that eat there and constantly return, and never heard a complaint.

It’s the shithouse way mate.
Years ago we used to say “oooo am gonna write a letter” but never did cos we realised it’s not really worth it.
Now with technology it’s instant.

Service pretty much the same as everywhere else then?
It is the shithouse way .

I once took the bubbly milf for what I thought was going to be delicious steak as this place come highly recommend from a freind of the family .
It was f***ing awful ,worst steak I’ve had in my life .I eat it out of good manners but when I was finished I asked the barmaid who served us for the manager ,he wasn’t around but I eventually got his email address .
The next day I sent him an email which was polite but very much to the point that the food was rubbish .
He responded instantly offering a free meal etc which I declined as that wasn’t my motivation ,my motivation was to make him aware not to slag him off on trip adviser etc and damage his business .

It’s hard trying to make a business work and a few on here who are happy to call this chap from the scullery need to really have a think before they type as it’s not a game.

Spot on

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the shithouse way .

I once took the bubbly milf for what I thought was going to be delicious steak as this place come highly recommend from a freind of the family .
It was f***ing awful ,worst steak I’ve had in my life .I eat it out of good manners but when I was finished I asked the barmaid who served us for the manager ,he wasn’t around but I eventually got his email address .
The next day I sent him an email which was polite but very much to the point that the food was rubbish .
He responded instantly offering a free meal etc which I declined as that wasn’t my motivation ,my motivation was to make him aware not to slag him off on trip adviser etc and damage his business .

It’s hard trying to make a business work and a few on here who are happy to call this chap from the scullery need to really have a think before they type as it’s not a game.

Spot on

It’s easy to slag off people and companies from the safety of your keyboard. It’s a different matter altogether motivating your arse to run a business.

Good approach there Gilly.

Back