Scullery Silky

It’s the review way though ain’t it? Like you say the type of people who write reviews don’t just write “it was ok and priced accordingly”

It’s like “waited 5 mins to get served” outrageous!!!!! Rude staff, the owners can’t run a business and won’t going back after this crime against humanity.

Me missus constantly reads reviews on holidays we book. She treats them like they are cast in iron. And says shit like “ooooo someone’s saying the rooms are dated” then a week later “yay!!! Someone says room a lovely”

Honest from the moment we book!
Get there...........it’s alreet. Foods alreet staffs alreet.

Ello Mr Boot - yep I get your point. I flagged down the staff to get a menu, ask for more drinks, ask for table to be cleared, for desert menu andntinally for the bill (which was wrong anarl!) I asked why we were waiting so long for desserts too, with different answers every time (got no X left would you like to order summit else, then it was kitchen is rammed, then the original order turned up, strange!), hence saying in previous post that it feels like the management is lacking.

Not posted a review on fyacebuk or twipadvisor as the food was great and whoever served us apologised for the wait (mind with 3 different excuses...) - again, hence management or basic training.

Hey ho

Last edited:

I work in a cafe myself. You don't turn your back on customers when working behind the counter, full stop. And a customer shouldn't have to ask to pay bill/clear table/ask for desserts or to order. As that is what excellent service is all about and it's what makes people want to go back, otherwise you'd just go to spoons or the like.

This is spot on!

That was usually my experience in there the times we went. It’s not the end of the world but they were never ‘on top’ of it like other places when it come to service.

Nothing against spoons I eat there all the time, but if your wanting a nice meal out and your paying a bit more you want somewhere the service jumps out at you as being excellent.

I know when we went the lass who was serving spent most of her time behind the bar rather than wandering round to see if any tables need attention. I suppose that's why our cafe has won best cafe in co Durham for a top north east food magazine. Finishing touches all help, and I don't see why people shouldn't review a place regarding service if it's not up to scratch.

We had a 1* trip advisor review last week because the lady didn't like the cake , she ate it all but expected not to have to pay for it :lol: , now thats naughty. Those that actually have constructive criticism do help improve the business. For eg, if someone's waiting to pay don't carry on doing what you were doing
There’s always someone who will moan like. There’s no such thing as crap cake!!!!

It is the shithouse way .

I once took the bubbly milf for what I thought was going to be delicious steak as this place come highly recommend from a freind of the family .
It was f***ing awful ,worst steak I’ve had in my life .I eat it out of good manners but when I was finished I asked the barmaid who served us for the manager ,he wasn’t around but I eventually got his email address .
The next day I sent him an email which was polite but very much to the point that the food was rubbish .
He responded instantly offering a free meal etc which I declined as that wasn’t my motivation ,my motivation was to make him aware not to slag him off on trip adviser etc and damage his business .

It’s hard trying to make a business work and a few on here who are happy to call this chap from the scullery need to really have a think before they type as it’s not a game.

Spot on
Great post. It's scary how easily people can fuck a business these days. One of the worst things about social media.

Ello Mr Boot - yep I get your point. I flagged down the staff to get a menu, ask for more drinks, ask for table to be cleared, for desert menu andntinally for the bill (which was wrong anarl!) I asked why we were waiting so long for desserts too, with different answers every time (got no X left would you like to order summit else, then it was kitchen is rammed, then the original order turned up, strange!), hence saying in previous post that it feels like the management is lacking.

Not posted a review on fyacebuk or twipadvisor as the food was great and whoever served us apologised for the wait (mind with 3 different excuses...) - again, hence management or basic training.

Hey ho
To be fair sounds like a fair review pal. Like I say it’s about the review system itself that I’m against.

To be fair sounds like a fair review pal. Like I say it’s about the review system itself that I’m against.
Your posts in this thread have been spot on and I agree 100%. I never read TripAdvisor or anything like that, if I fancy it I'll try it and if I like I'll go back, simple. I couldn't give a shit about Sharon with 4 kids under 5yr olds experience.

Your posts in this thread have been spot on and I agree 100%. I never read TripAdvisor or anything like that, if I fancy it I'll try it and if I like I'll go back, simple. I couldn't give a shit about Sharon with 4 kids under 5yr olds experience.

I use tripadvisor prior to booking places to eat or stay. However, I also take them with a pinch of salt as you get some reviews that are clearly wide of the mark. Look at the general comments for an unbiased POV.

I once took the bubbly milf for what I thought was going to be delicious steak as this place come highly recommend from a freind of the family .
It was f***ing awful ,worst steak I’ve had in my life .I eat it out of good manners but when I was finished I asked the barmaid who served us for the manager ,he wasn’t around but I eventually got his email address .
The next day I sent him an email which was polite but very much to the point that the food was rubbish .
He responded instantly offering a free meal etc which I declined as that wasn’t my motivation ,my motivation was to make him aware not to slag him off on trip adviser etc and damage his business .

It’s hard trying to make a business work and a few on here who are happy to call this chap from the scullery need to really have a think before they type as it’s not a game.

Spot on
That's because you don't try and act the smartarse for likes Adam

I use tripadvisor prior to booking places to eat or stay. However, I also take them with a pinch of salt as you get some reviews that are clearly wide of the mark. Look at the general comments for an unbiased POV.

I find if you take off the very good and very bad and look at the middle if it's bottom heavy I wouldn't go there. Also a good indicator is to see how the manager deals with complaints.

I'd never book anywhere to stay without reading a review, eating is different as everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

Exactly mate. I went on a lads holiday and two of the lads there tried 3 different rooms, one excuse was a wobbly wardrobe. One lad from pennywell the other from Castletown they went on ridiculous moaning about this and that. The other 11 of us loved it. Blokes in their 50s this mind not younguns.
I think it’s on the back of these cookery and hotel shows. Have ya seen the fuckers on come dine with me.
“I couldn’t quite taste the lemon grass through the overall dish!”
Or than hotel one.
“I like 3 sausages on my breakfast, and there was dust on the lampshade”

There’s always someone who will moan like. There’s no such thing as crap cake!!!!
The lass who was manager on the day knew she was just after free food as she moaned about all sorts and then said she was going to put it on trip advisor, there's not a lot you can do about those sort of people.

The lass who was manager on the day knew she was just after free food as she moaned about all sorts and then said she was going to put it on trip advisor, there's not a lot you can do about those sort of people.
I always fancied being a chef and running a bistro or gastro pub but I realise I could not handle such people.

Spot on

The online review side of things is just part and parcel of running a restaurant these days, can't ignore it just because you don't like it.

I find if you take off the very good and very bad and look at the middle if it's bottom heavy I wouldn't go there. Also a good indicator is to see how the manager deals with complaints.

I'd never book anywhere to stay without reading a review, eating is different as everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

I recently stayed at Walworth Castle for my fifteenth anniversary. Reviews were generally good but in reality, the food was poor and service was far worse. All down to management imo. I chose to not leave a reply on tripadvisor but I’m sorely tempted to write a strongly worded letter

Maybe I’m in the wrong for not?

I recently stayed at Walworth Castle for my fifteenth anniversary. Reviews were generally good but in reality, the food was poor and service was far worse. All down to management imo. I chose to not leave a reply on tripadvisor but I’m sorely tempted to write a strongly worded letter

Maybe I’m in the wrong for not?

The way I see it is if the business don't get to know of anything that is wrong then they won't know to out it right? It's awful to get a bad review but it means you can put new procedures in to stop it happening again. A customer can just chose not to return but if you don't know what's wrong you can't put it right.

I think the manager there is my old manager from a different hotel, so it could be worth putting it in writing. We all used to have a right laugh at break times looking at TA reviews that slagged him off :lol: even the guests were scared of him

Spot on
Agree with this. If you get bad service then call it at the time

I’ll assume the last point is at me. I’ll still say that someone pretending to be a customer not the owner is right to be pulled up on it.

Spot on

Offers you a free meal knowing you won’t take it because the food is shite, oldest trick in the book

Agree with this. If you get bad service then call it at the time

I’ll assume the last point is at me. I’ll still say that someone pretending to be a customer not the owner is right to be pulled up on it.
Not aimed at you at all mate ,it was a generalisation

Back