screwfix no nonsense decking oil

Just had some new decking fitted a few weeks back and the sparky has left pencil marks on it where we've had lights fitted in the side panels.

What's the best solvent to get rid of the pencil marks that won't discolour the decking? Or should I just buy a stain for it?

Just had some new decking fitted a few weeks back and the sparky has left pencil marks on it where we've had lights fitted in the side panels.

What's the best solvent to get rid of the pencil marks that won't discolour the decking? Or should I just buy a stain for it?
Wood decking ? Just use a fine sandpaper if so

A rubber?

Pencil eraser
Fairy liquid & hot water with a cloth
Worst case, sandpaper
Not done it yet ordered the oil just waiting for some decent dry weather
This week is going to be boiling. I just pressure washed the other half of my front patio that didn't get done last year (one side is the drive, other side is just the access around the garden). 3-4 days to dry out, then I can sand and seal on Thursday before the rains come back.

Last edited:

Back