screwfix no nonsense decking oil

did you paint it ontop of previously oiled decking tho you cant change once you have committed id never paint a deck its always prone to flake and come away

It was new decking. Since then I've sanded it back to bare wood and used cuprinol and it hasn't chipped yet. Pay the extra as it's absolute garbage

They taking the Piss with prices , I bought 5 litres of ronseal charcoal deck stain for 33 quid. Needed some more ...55 quid for 2.5 litres .
Profiteering at its best

It was new decking. Since then I've sanded it back to bare wood and used cuprinol and it hasn't chipped yet. Pay the extra as it's absolute garbage
thats why you oil it and not paint it paint just sits on the surface can crack and flake oil obviously penetrates the wood

can look really good and modern when you plant it up with bamboo with pebbles no bannister etc

rats are everywhere a bit of decking isnt going to make a difference

They prefer it to out in the open.
Some twat out the back said they saw rats coming from our garden, I realised when I rang the council and they charged £50 as to why they pointed the finger at us.
There were absolutely loads of them living under his next door neighbours decking.

I used the clear stuff when we got our decking. Jet washed the decking a few weeks ago and painted it Cuprinol urban slate. Looks loads better.
Logon or register to see this image
Done mine with that exact colour last year, the cuprinol slate. It isnt flaking off but is starting to slightly wear off in places of high footfall. Which i would expect with any paint on wood.

Back