Scrattermarkets Fine Ales and Beers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some Brooklyn East IPA and York Brewery Legion IX IPA tonight as well as some Elvis Juice all of which I bought from Asda Boldon. The Brooklyn wasn't bad but wasn't keen on the Legion IX as it tasted a bit sour and was flat.
Elvis Juice still wins every time for me like.
Elvis juice is nice like. Have you tried the Mr President?

I love that Brooklyn IPA. 3 for a fiver in tesco. Same in Asda?
No it was £1.65 a can I think

Aye its me favourite beer at the minute. Had Highwire Grapefruit in POC in December which is also nice but not quite as good. Not had Mr President yet but will look out for that one. Have had Jackhammer but found it a bit too heavy going although it is tasty.

Last edited:
Got some Vocation Brewery's cans of Life & Death IPA and Pride and Joy APA from Asda Boldon tonight. First can of Life and Death is going down very very nicely.

Hardly scratter territory like but i popped in Durham brewery when up bowburn tother day, 6 bottles for under 20 quid. On the smokin blonde now, 6%, it is exceptional like, a smoky blonde, as it says. Got a white stout in fridge for later.

On the white stout 7.2%. I'll sleep well the neet.

Last edited:
The missus (not a fking hope) got me a couple of bottles of Robinson's 9 Hop IPA from B&M. Best stuff they've had in for ages and only £1.09 a bottle. Shall be going on a mission for more tomorrow

For my drinking enjoyment this weekend I have purchased

A bottle of banana bread beer which I am about to open and watch some TV with

A bottle of Five AM Saint

A bottle of Elvis Juice

A bottle of some Belgian cherry beer which will be my Sunday night treat

Had my first bottle of this a few weeks ago. 9.2% it blows your face off. Wasn't that great but a single bottle is drinkable and a great start or finish to the night.

Recently I've had the Hop Fiction (was alright) and Ace of Equinox (not bad) but Dead Pony, Punk and Elvis Juice are my current favourites. Will try Jack Hammer next time I'm at the shops. Going to try 5 AM saint tomorrow night as well.

Never tried Kingpin (their pilsner) yet but I might next week.

Any other Brewdogs I'm missing there? Not keen on stouts.

Found a new craft beer shop round my way so hoping they've got some interesting things in.

Last edited:

Found a new craft beer shop round my way so hoping they've got some interesting things in.

Found Jack Hammer a bit heavy going but suppose 1 or 2 would be manageable. Not much else available Brewdog wise in can or bottle.

Look out for Magic Rock, Vocation and Beavertown breweries as all have very good beer.

A bottle of Elvis Juice

Had my first bottle of this a few weeks ago. 9.2% it blows your face off. Wasn't that great but a single bottle is drinkable and a great start or finish to the night.

Recently I've had the Hop Fiction (was alright) and Ace of Equinox (not bad) but Dead Pony, Punk and Elvis Juice are my current favourites. Will try Jack Hammer next time I'm at the shops. Going to try 5 AM saint tomorrow night as well.

Frijj the f***ing hipster. Who would have thought it. :)

Oh aye mate, getting pissed with my best mate Easter then May Day

Gonna be smashing the Despies leerrrrd

I am hoping to be getting pissed with my best mate on Easter Saturday. If either of us buys any Despies we will have a falling out. :lol:

A bottle of Elvis Juice

Glad to hear you're trying a few more beers these days.

Finally gotten round to getting some of this for tonight. Got quite a selection from Tesco Dragonville (with 20% off) which should keep me going a couple of days:

Brewdog Mr President x 2 bottles
Thornbridge Melba x 2 bottles
Thornbridge Tart x 2 bottles
Belhaven Intergalactic x 1 can
Belhaven Twisted Grapefruit IPA x 1 can
Redwell West Coast Pale Ale x 1 can
Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale x 1 can

Finally gotten round to getting some of this for tonight. Got quite a selection from Tesco Dragonville (with 20% off) which should keep me going a couple of days:

Brewdog Mr President x 2 bottles
Thornbridge Melba x 2 bottles
Thornbridge Tart x 2 bottles
Belhaven Intergalactic x 1 can
Belhaven Twisted Grapefruit IPA x 1 can
Redwell West Coast Pale Ale x 1 can
Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale x 1 can

Funnily enough, I got a few from Tesco too. Mr President is very nice, but you couldn't drink much of it!!

I've got some of that Electric India stuff to try, dunno if it'll be any good.

Funnily enough, I got a few from Tesco too. Mr President is very nice, but you couldn't drink much of it!!

I've got some of that Electric India stuff to try, dunno if it'll be any good.

It's alright....nowt special though preferred Hop Fiction tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back