Scrattermarkets Fine Ales and Beers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well that's a good shout. It's about £4 a pint in The Chesters. Might be £3.90, I get confused. Something is £4.05... oh aye, it's Hophouse 13. Shocking that a local pub charges over £4 a pint.
Yes it was Thursday just gone at the Durham one.It was a fridge box on offer.Would have been rude not to partake.Even at full price it's 15 quid so not too bad.

Lidl are doing Derail Ale at £1.25 a bottle, very palatable.
They also sell some from Hatherwood brewery with very garish labels and crap names. Having said that the Green Gecko, an IPA, is not bad

Well that's a good shout. It's about £4 a pint in The Chesters. Might be £3.90, I get confused. Something is £4.05... oh aye, it's Hophouse 13. Shocking that a local pub charges over £4 a pint.
The chester is very expensive. Seems to do well though.

Tesco had 12 cans of Punk IPA for 11.50 the other day.
355ml cans?

Last edited:
Certainly Morrisons in Jarrow has had a canny range in for a good while now but I was taken aback by the amount on offer had increased in Asda Boldon yesterday.
I think the range in Supermarkets is canny. It has been for 5/6 years now, but it just hasn't evolved much for me in the last 1/2 years. I like stout, porters, brown ales. I've more or less exhausted all possibilities in the big supermarkets now in those sections.

As @AndrewP mentioned, M&S had a cracking selection when I was in Eldon Sq. similar set up to Tesco, Asda, Morrisons with range size & price, but a much different selection.

I also got 2 bottles of Maximus & 2 Double Maxim in Asda yesterday for £5. You can't go wrong with that if you like it. I'll still pop to Lou's, Glug & Fenwick's now & then to buy random bottles & be prepared to pay more for the chance of finding something not mainstream that's class.

Been in Lou's and spent £18 on 6 bottles. Far better than paying to watch that shower over there . Fingers crossed I am completely wrong and the lads show their mastery.

Since us scratters that live nowhere near Lou's can't post on that thread anymore thought I'd start a new one;)

Was in Asda Boldon earlier, seems they've more than doubled their selection of craft beers. Quite impressed by the choice.
Picked up a growler of Hop Fiction that I'll be sampling in a bit followed by some Rebel IPA and a can of 13 guns
Enjoy your Saturday slurps everyone:)
What the difference between "craft beer" and "real ale"?

Since us scratters that live nowhere near Lou's can't post on that thread anymore thought I'd start a new one;)

Was in Asda Boldon earlier, seems they've more than doubled their selection of craft beers. Quite impressed by the choice.
Picked up a growler of Hop Fiction that I'll be sampling in a bit followed by some Rebel IPA and a can of 13 guns
Enjoy your Saturday slurps everyone:)
Real Ale Wanker. You've probably got a beard and buy vinyl as well.

just finished a rather good wheat beer from aldi - topper stuff but fcuk knows what its called though...

It is quite nice that if it's the same one I'm thinking of. And goes class in a banana loaf.

Real ale tends to be British style cask ales, craft beer are American style beers with American or new world hops.

Not always but most of the time.

A British style cask ale can be 'craft'.

Real Ale is what CAMRA says is real ale. Craft beer is a far more difficult term to define.

Last edited:
Had some Brooklyn East IPA and York Brewery Legion IX IPA tonight as well as some Elvis Juice all of which I bought from Asda Boldon. The Brooklyn wasn't bad but wasn't keen on the Legion IX as it tasted a bit sour and was flat.
Elvis Juice still wins every time for me like.

Had some Brooklyn East IPA and York Brewery Legion IX IPA tonight as well as some Elvis Juice all of which I bought from Asda Boldon. The Brooklyn wasn't bad but wasn't keen on the Legion IX as it tasted a bit sour and was flat.
Elvis Juice still wins every time for me like.

I love that Brooklyn IPA. 3 for a fiver in tesco. Same in Asda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back