Scott Borthwick

Who posted this?

“I wouldn't want him back. He left, fuck him. Rather the club gave someone committed a game, Borthwick is clearly not committed to Durham. Nobody is bigger than the club, don't care who they are”

hint: you
And I still stand by what I said, I think this is the second or third time I've answered this now. Now I can either go in the huff, rip my membership up.... Or I can go to the ground and support the team if covid restrictions allow that. Fair play for keeping a copy of what I said. Save it for when he hits his first century in April. Durham are in no position to be fussy either but as I've said I stand by what he be said. I'll be there once we're allowed to, I wonder if those criticising me will be for a change.....

Last edited:
And I still stand by what I said, I think this is the second or third time I've answered this now. Now I can either go in the huff, rip my membership up.... Or I can go to the ground and support the team if covid restrictions allow that. Fair play for keeping a copy of what I said. Save it for when he hits his first century in April. Durham are in no position to be fussy either but as I've said I stand by what he be said. I'll be there once we're allowed to, I wonder if those criticising me will be for a change.....
I’m not suggesting you do anything of the sort. I’m simply pointing out that you acted like a bit of a tart in the past.

You seem to have changed your opinion from “fuck him” to “great lad”. It’s ok to be wrong and admit to it. We all fuck up sometimes

I’m not suggesting you do anything of the sort. I’m simply pointing out that you acted like a bit of a tart in the past.

You seem to have changed your opinion from “fuck him” to “great lad”. It’s ok to be wrong and admit to it. We all fuck up sometimes
Oh well. I've never once disputed the fact he's a nice lad as are his family. All good and well criticising me which I'm not arsed about it pissed me and many members off when players jumped ship and we were sat in freezing cold conditions -40 or whatever it was. All good and well for some sitting at their computers

Last edited:

Will never happen. He is to much of a patriot to admit error.

Maybe not. But you didn’t want him back and now you’re happy he is.

So you’ve changed your mind. That’s ok!
It is what it is really. He's back, nowt I can do about it. I pay my money up front in 5 year stints, I'm entitled to my opinion and I wasn't the only one who had that opinion either. I have absolutely no regrets what I said at the time and won't be making any apology either.

It is what it is really. He's back, nowt I can do about it. I pay my money up front in 5 year stints, I'm entitled to my opinion and I wasn't the only one who had that opinion either. I have absolutely no regrets what I said at the time and won't be making any apology either.
I wasn’t suggesting you apologise to anyone :lol: simply pointing out you’ve changed your mind

are you a member like? You never mention it

I wasn’t suggesting you apologise to anyone :lol: simply pointing out you’ve changed your mind
Whilst criticising me. Any excuse to hijack a thread and have a go at me, you've done it for years. Carry on though
You suggested I "admit I was wrong" which to me implies you want an apology. Not happening as I stand by what I said at the time.

Maybe not. But you didn’t want him back and now you’re happy he is.

So you’ve changed your mind. That’s ok!
But he is back and that a simple fact. From my point of view when he left when Stoneman left and when Coughlin left I was disappointed but thought good luck but for me there was no coming back if it doesn't work out which is why Borthwick and Coughlin are back. I will still be back at the Riverside as soon as we are allowed back in and hope they both do well but regardless of whether bthey succeed or not I wouldn't have re-signed them.

But he is back and that a simple fact. From my point of view when he left when Stoneman left and when Coughlin left I was disappointed but thought good luck but for me there was no coming back if it doesn't work out which is why Borthwick and Coughlin are back. I will still be back at the Riverside as soon as we are allowed back in and hope they both do well but regardless of whether bthey succeed or not I wouldn't have re-signed them.
Disappointed is fair enough. I’m not as much of Durham attendee as most these days, sadly. With Stoneman and Borthwick I got it, they had performed and they wanted to try and build an international career. I was more pissed off with Jennings (carried for years, a good season and then off) and Coughlin. But it’s cricket, they earn crap money relative to other sports, I don’t begrudge anyone making a bit of cash.

Disappointed is fair enough. I’m not as much of Durham attendee as most these days, sadly. With Stoneman and Borthwick I got it, they had performed and they wanted to try and build an international career. I was more pissed off with Jennings (carried for years, a good season and then off) and Coughlin. But it’s cricket, they earn crap money relative to other sports, I don’t begrudge anyone making a bit of cash.
This it's not exactly like they are on footballer's wages

Don't know why you where disappointed with Jennings he turned his back on his country of birth when he was the incumbent U19 captain and had played for Gauteng to sign for the Durham academy and then had to resign from the academy when he was selected to captain South Africa U19s tour of England. After doing that switching counties is a doddle.

Don't know why you where disappointed with Jennings he turned his back on his country of birth when he was the incumbent U19 captain and had played for Gauteng to sign for the Durham academy and then had to resign from the academy when he was selected to captain South Africa U19s tour of England. After doing that switching counties is a doddle.
Because it felt like he was crap for years, and we supported him. And a bit of success and he walks

At least Borthwick and Stoneman delivered over a long period of time.

Because it felt like he was crap for years, and we supported him. And a bit of success and he walks

At least Borthwick and Stoneman delivered over a long period of time.
Mate he was only ever at Durham for a visit. I always looked at him like I look at the vast majority of overseas players and that is season by season.
Far more disappointing when a local lad leaves I wasn't as full on as WHED and a few others when the local lads left but I could understand their feelings at the time.

Back