Scott Borthwick

Jacksnuts

Midfield
Just done a teams session for our U13 team.
Came across really well seems like a top bloke.
Great of him to give up his time for the lads and I think the parents really enjoyed it too!
Best player he’s played with - KP
Against - Kohli
Most embarrassing thing playing- getting hit for 5 sixes in a row and purposely bowling a wide to avoid a full house 😂
Favourite county ground - Worcester
Club ground - Whitburn
Has promised to sign for Whitburn when he retires from 1st class cricket 😎
Oh yes and obviously a MLF!

Just thought I’d share something that’s brightened my day up a bit.

Great of him to give up his time for the lads and I think the parents really enjoyed it too!
Can't be a bigger incentive for kids than meeting one of their own who they can identify with and who has reached the very top.

Best player he’s played with - KP
Against - Kohli
Most embarrassing thing playing- getting hit for 5 sixes in a row and purposely bowling a wide to avoid a full house 😂
Favourite county ground - Worcester
Club ground - Whitburn
Has promised to sign for Whitburn when he retires from 1st class cricket 😎
Oh yes and obviously a MLF!

good lad scotty. looking forward to his return

He still wasn’t good enough, don’t you only have to average something in the mid 30s to score 1,000 runs a season?
I think it's more pertinent now because players have to score their 1000 runs in April, May and September.

That said, Badger is nowhere near international quality

He still wasn’t good enough, don’t you only have to average something in the mid 30s to score 1,000 runs a season?
He was scoring big runs others have had Games for doing less
I think it's more pertinent now because players have to score their 1000 runs in April, May and September.

That said, Badger is nowhere near international quality
Not now but for Durham he should of had more games let's face it stoneman and others did

Last edited:

I can remember that one at the Riverside - James Foster of Essex hit him for 5 sixes then he bowled 5 wides down the legside.:eek:

Still overshadowed by what Foster's team mate Westfield got up to that game mind.

on the subject of international cricket, i recall he played in The Ashes as he was already playing cricket in Sydney hence got the call late to join up with England.

He's a good lad, hope he does well for us

on the subject of international cricket, i recall he played in The Ashes as he was already playing cricket in Sydney hence got the call late to join up with England.

He's a good lad, hope he does well for us
Who posted this?

“I wouldn't want him back. He left, fuck him. Rather the club gave someone committed a game, Borthwick is clearly not committed to Durham. Nobody is bigger than the club, don't care who they are”

hint: you

Back