Scariest films

Porkpie

Reserve Squad
What’s the scariest film you’ve ever seen. I remember seeing The Exorcist in the Stoll on Westgate Road in Newcastle when I was in my teens and being scared witless. I remember people walking out the cinema they were so scared.

I remember taking the video of The Thing to watch at my sister's house one night. Just when it got to the blood test scene my brother in law, back from the pub, walked through the door and we all screamed. Only time I've ever screamed at a film.

A short. In the film Trilogy of Terror. It was about an African Zuni Fetish doll that came to life. Completely silly but it terrified me. I had flu and was allowed to sleep on the couch in front of the fire. It cast shadows on the wall all night. Sleep was impossible.

What’s the scariest film you’ve ever seen. I remember seeing The Exorcist in the Stoll on Westgate Road in Newcastle when I was in my teens and being scared witless. I remember people walking out the cinema they were so scared.

The original Jurassic Park.

Saw it in the front row of the cinema when I was about 17 and spent so much of the film with my hands in front of my eyes that I had to go back a week later to see what I'd missed.

Alien I was a kid.

Used to sit looking out my bedroom window at night just waiting to see them fly down from the sky.

never dared go into space after that

Apparently there is a directors cut somewhere which is a lot worse

There are some images of hell which only appear as fragments of images in the final version, but to create them they actually filmed those scenes.
They filmed those scenes but they have since been lost or destroyed. They tried to find them for last year's special edition.
An American werewolf in London scared the crap out of me as a kid.

Back