Scandi noir/drama recommendations/discussion

Hjørdis isn't as good as Rita, where Rita is funny and amusingly free-spirited, Hjørdis comes across a bit awkward and forgettable. But yes there is a series, but only four episodes. Rita is back very soon, I shall keep you informed on what I think of the new series. If the trailer is anything to go by she is still smoking and her legs still look long. :)

I can't remember if I mentioned this last year but she took part in our version of Strickly last Autumn. Think she finished runner-up but not sure, will have to look that up sometime. But her lovely legs were on show quite often. :)

Like here:

Brilliant! I have to ask - who won? :lol:

I'd honestly recommend Hinterland.

It's quite slow paced, and it's welsh (they film 2 versions, one Welsh one English), but it's got the lot and a very compelling backstory.

Wales can be beautiful, but this is proper scandi style, grim, unwelcoming, a dark undercurrent.

First two series are on Netflix. Like I say, bear with it as it starts Very slowly, in fact the backstory is only hinted at in the first series.

Valkyrien is superb if anyone is after another Scandi series... all episodes on all4
Channel 4 are pissing me off with this Walter presents stuff. Stuck the first episode on channel 4 but the rest are only on all4. Why not put the whole series on TV (even if it's on e4 or something) rather than show endless repeats of shity reality shows! The all4 that's on the sky box doesn't have all the content on it. There have been a few things they've show that I've fancied.

Not long now. :cool:

That looks good and dark. And the children are back. Interesting.
Channel 4 are pissing me off with this Walter presents stuff. Stuck the first episode on channel 4 but the rest are only on all4. Why not put the whole series on TV (even if it's on e4 or something) rather than show endless repeats of shity reality shows! The all4 that's on the sky box doesn't have all the content on it. There have been a few things they've show that I've fancied.
Yes I've realised that myself as I watched the first episode too. Shitty practice, that - I can't get the other episodes on Virgin. No desire to watch on a tablet.

Sorry haven't read the whole thread but I noticed that Jo Nesbo's The Snowman has been made into a film. Due out in October. Michael Fassbender plays Harry Hole.

Sorry haven't read the whole thread but I noticed that Jo Nesbo's The Snowman has been made into a film. Due out in October. Michael Fassbender plays Harry Hole.
I know this has been mentioned somewhere - not sure if it was on this thread. But I didn't know when it was due to be released - so thanks for that. Hopefully with Fassbender attached it should be good!

Back