Scandi noir/drama recommendations/discussion

A couple more new movie releases, these have English subtitles.

And not strickly Scandi but @Son of Stan will like this one:

Oh, and before I forget. The Bridge 4 now has a premiere date of 1st January 2018. So keep an eye out for the UK date hopefully shortly after. :)
I already have Small Crimes in my list in Netflix to watch sometime very soon! :lol:

January 2018 seems a long way off to wait for The Bridge. Is Thure Lindhardt in this series? I rather grew to like him as Kim's replacement.

yes... well according to the nordic noir mailing list im on he is :

http://nordicdrama.com/premiere-date-confirmed-for-the-bridge-season-4/
Brilliant. And Kim might be back?
'On the subject of Bodnia, Rosenfeldt says: “We parted as friends, he just didn’t want to do what we wanted to do. We wanted him out [of prison] and he wanted to stay in and that was very hard for us. He said fine, you do what you want but you have to do it without me.” '

How mad is that? He wanted to stay in prison... :lol:

How mad is that? He wanted to stay in prison... :lol:
in a way, Bodnia is probably right from an integrity point of view. for the crime committed it would be daft for him to then leave prison in the short term - obvs i don't know what the writers had in mind but i suspect that Bodnia was on the more realistic side of the creative argument.

in a way, Bodnia is probably right from an integrity point of view. for the crime committed it would be daft for him to then leave prison in the short term - obvs i don't know what the writers had in mind but i suspect that Bodnia was on the more realistic side of the creative argument.
No doubt - but to refuse work because of it seems a bit precious. Maybe they will just show him in prison in the last series or Saga going to visit. Which I suppose would be a nice touch.

The advert man! :rolleyes: I got the impression it wasn't for the home audience. It looked gorgeous on a big screen I must say. I don't watch a lot of Rick Stein as I associate him with fish mainly and I'm not fussed on fish. :lol: But I may have to go on you tube and see if I can find that episode. I always like to hear the likes of Sofie, Sidse, and Sofia speaking English as they always sound different - the same with men too.

The Rick Stein's Copenhagen episode is shown on Danish telly tonight. Would you like me to put it up on my Google+ page for you to watch ? I could pop you the link later tonight when it is uploaded.

Yeah that would be good. Cheers.

Goody, will do that. Begins in ten minutes time and I didn't know it was on till I flicked tonight's telly schedule about twenty minutes ago. Perfect timing. Will just pop the link on here in case others would like to have a look at mister Stein visiting our sunny Capital and chatting to Sofie in her local pub. Or watch him ride a bicycle. :)

Goody, will do that. Begins in ten minutes time and I didn't know it was on till I flicked tonight's telly schedule about twenty minutes ago. Perfect timing. Will just pop the link on here in case others would like to have a look at mister Stein visiting our sunny Capital and chatting to Sofie in her local pub. Or watch him ride a bicycle. :)
Brilliant as I'd like to do all of that. Thanks a lot and well done spotting it in the listings!

I've watched some on BBC4. can't remember a lot about the series, really. Looking at wikipedia, there's been 6 series over 20 years and the BBC have only shown season 5 onward. I suspect, as with a lot of long running police shows, each episode can be watched fine on its own but there will be some character developments you miss out on.

Catching this thread
Last year I watched Beck from start to finish in order - which helped in terms of various character changes and developments

Got it from KAT - some had no subs but you can get those elsewhere

Gunvald is one of my favorite cops

That works fine for me. I'm going to watch that on my tablet in bed. Possibly with a cat. Or two. Thanks for that.
:cool:

Sounds good. Glad it works.

In one of the scenes he cooks our national dish Stegt Flæsk Med Persillesovs. If my late nan had seen he uses flat leaf parsley instead of curly she would have had a thing or two to say. :lol:

And sorry for this off topic stuff. Back to the thread we go.

Sounds good. Glad it works.

In one of the scenes he cooks our national dish Stegt Flæsk Med Persillesovs. If my late nan had seen he uses flat leaf parsley instead of curly she would have had a thing or two to say. :lol:

And sorry for this off topic stuff. Back to the thread we go.
Watching it now. Never been to Copenhagen before, looks lovely. I think it would make a nice trip at some point. I'm not that keen on fish, however! Don't apologise for going off topic (it's kind of related, anyway) some of the best conversations to be had on here are when you go slightly 'off' on a tangent.

Scandis put out much better stuff than tired old british networks.
I can understand why many brits wouldnt enjoy it, as it is, in the main too cerebral for a populace weaned on soaps and big brother type schlock.

Its a decent episode but i don't like listening to sofie speakung English. It just sounds wrong
don't recall what sofie sounds like in english, however my guilty little secret is any of the shows where Sidse Babett Knudsen downshifts into English, a veritable linguistic knee trembler...

The Same Sky has just started on Netflix. An east germany communist type drama noteable to this thread as it stars the lovely sofie helin (saga from the bridge) speaking fluent German. She's almost unrecognisable.

I always think that everyone's tone changes slightly. The men's voices in particular always sound higher - especially Krister Henriksson!
Nerves. I speak about two octaves higher when i speak terrible swedish.

Back