Scandi noir/drama recommendations/discussion

he totally lost his rep in my eyes with that 'Frank' farce, sadly.
I may be being unfair here but he might have done worse in The Light Between Oceans - it sounded a bit sugary/emotionally overdone for me. But he was working with Alicia Vikander so I'm sure he enjoyed himself!

Der Kommer En Dag is not the easiest viewing but some very good performances throughout. I would watch the three part mini-series ahead of the movie itself as some of the scenes work better in the longer, series version. But basically it is of course the same storyline.
watched this at the weekend, i wasn't familiar with what the content was all about - but thankfully it fitted the mood i was in, pretty heavy shit mind! the two actors who play the two brothers were brilliant, the older of the two looks familiar from some other nordic noir film\tv series. brilliant as ever from lars & sophie, nice cameo from David Dencik anarl...

Anyone watching the new Swedish drama Black Lake on BBC 4 ?

Also, Ride Upon the Storm premiered on Danish telly Sunday night. From the fella who did Borgen and so far very good viewing. Lars Mikkelsen is wonderful as a slightly bonkers priest from a family of priests, the entire family is riddled with issues. Already looking forward to episode two on Sunday. Please keep an eye out for that one on UK telly as I have a feeling few would be disappointed.

Less than fourteen weeks till The Bridge IV. :)

Anyone watching the new Swedish drama Black Lake on BBC 4 ?

Also, Ride Upon the Storm premiered on Danish telly Sunday night. From the fella who did Borgen and so far very good viewing. Lars Mikkelsen is wonderful as a slightly bonkers priest from a family of priests, the entire family is riddled with issues. Already looking forward to episode two on Sunday. Please keep an eye out for that one on UK telly as I have a feeling few would be disappointed.

Less than fourteen weeks till The Bridge IV. :)
Yes, started Black Lake last night - its good but they chucked in every scary cliché they could think of. Will watch the second one tonight and take it from there.

Yes I've watched 2 episodes but just a bit disappointed it's turned out to be a load of kids with 'something' out there. Not the kind of thing I usually watch and I'm being a total snob basically as I'll keep watching. :lol:

Episode two of Ride Upon the Storm was shown on Danish telly Sunday evening. It is a very strong series and for the first time ever while watching Scandi drama I had something in my eye at the end of the episode. Please watch it if the series come on UK telly as well. It won't be shown on the BBC though as they don't have the broadcasting rights to that one.

Just under thirteen weeks till The Bridge IV. :)

Channel Four is showing Norskov with the first episode being aired this coming Wednesday at 10.35 pm.

And The Bridge IV will be shown in BBC 4 early next year.

Oh, does that mean only the first episode will be shown on the telly ?

Properly, yes. Annoyingly (for me), Sky doesn't have a license to show All4 stuff directly so I have to go to HDMI. Walter Presents is generally very good, showing a range of things from around the globe and beyond.

Ah. Yes. Been stung with that before. Really irritating.

Properly, yes. Annoyingly (for me), Sky doesn't have a license to show All4 stuff directly so I have to go to HDMI. Walter Presents is generally very good, showing a range of things from around the globe and beyond.

That would really annoy me.

I didn't know Channel Four had the broadcasting rights to this one till I saw it in an ad-break just now. It also annoys me that BBC 4 hasn't got the broadcasting rights for Ride Upon the Storm as that series deserves as big an viewing figure as possible. And am only two episodes into it.

I didn't know Channel Four had the broadcasting rights to this one till I saw it in an ad-break just now. It also annoys me that BBC 4 hasn't got the broadcasting rights for Ride Upon the Storm as that series deserves as big an viewing figure as possible. And am only two episodes into it.

BBC4 probably isn't a guarantee og high viewing figures TBH ;) but it is where those of us in the know go for Scandi/Medi/Netherli drama.

I may put it into the tivo wishlist or whatever - just in case it pops up on Sky Arts or somewhere I don't usually check.

Back