Save Seaburn

Picture - George Howe at the scene of the parking problems - only 1 car in the picture...which is driving.

Could have chosen a better picture for sure.

Pathetic, isn't it?

Hold The Front f***ing Page: "People that bought property near popular attraction twist because it's popular"

Bank Holiday was mental, like - but that was a definite exception. The NIMBYs of Seafields and South Bents can do one.

Those at Weardale Avenue need to realise (as if they don't already know) that the field in question was sold by Sunderland University to boost their coffers.
Why? Because of the drop in income from plummeting overseas students, post-BREXIT.

But can’t you see the underlying problem in the article bob? The whole point of the development is to bring in more people not just on hot days and bank holidays but to enjoy the newly developed sea front, fact? Admittedly a siglion spokesperson say they only taking away 8 parking spaces! Fact! It’s mad logic from the start pal.
I know we need to develop over there but it’s set out to fail. It’s true what @Wilfy says people should use public transport but they won’t. We have had this discussion a few times about people going to the metro centre because you can get parked and it’s free. We know it’s pathetic but people do it. And people will boycott all the new “attractions” if they can’t park. Fact.
The spin on the picture is “only one car in sight” that’s the whole point the place is empty any other time.

People that choose to live there only have themselves to blame. Fact.

It's akin to buying a gaff next door to The Rosedene and then twisting because of all the weekend millionaires in their Audis and the aspiring hobos from the area that think they're something that they're not.

Last edited:

Pathetic, isn't it?

Hold The Front f***ing Page: "People that bought property near popular attraction twist because it's popular"

Bank Holiday was mental, like - but that was a definite exception. The NIMBYs of Seafields and South Bents can do one.

Those at Weardale Avenue need to realise (as if they don't already know) that the field in question was sold by Sunderland University to boost their coffers.
Why? Because of the drop in income from plummeting overseas students, post-BREXIT.

People that choose to live there only have themselves to blame. Fact.

It's akin to buying a gaff next door to The Rosedene and then twisting because of all the weekend millionaires in their Audis and the aspiring hobos from the area that think they're something that they're not.
My post was nothing to do with the residents but whatever mate. I always take a personal attack as a win as you have nothing constructive to say so I’m one up today :D

But can’t you see the underlying problem in the article bob? The whole point of the development is to bring in more people not just on hot days and bank holidays but to enjoy the newly developed sea front, fact? Admittedly a siglion spokesperson say they only taking away 8 parking spaces! Fact! It’s mad logic from the start pal.
I know we need to develop over there but it’s set out to fail. It’s true what @Wilfy says people should use public transport but they won’t. We have had this discussion a few times about people going to the metro centre because you can get parked and it’s free. We know it’s pathetic but people do it. And people will boycott all the new “attractions” if they can’t park. Fact.
The spin on the picture is “only one car in sight” that’s the whole point the place is empty any other time.
Load of bollocks.

Make them pay for parking and they'll use public transport

So it's the councils fault that people were illegally parked.

It would be daft to cater for the most extreme cases. The land could be put to better use for the majority of the year when the sun doesn't shine. No popular beach destination I've ever known around the world caters for everyone wanting to visit. Some will have to miss out. Mind I don't know why we can't build more multi story car parks here. Dig down and have levels underground.

Love the bit at the end of that article where she's quoted him as saying there is plenty of parking :lol:

Oh George you wouldn't have just jumped on that little saveseaburn bandwagon for a few votes would you
?

Its utterly pathetic mate :lol:

Back