Save Seaburn

And probably another 18 months of disruption, f***ing hell it’ll be a right mess while they carry out the work. Northumberland is definitely calling for me.
It’s going to be carnage mate. Increasing the capacity is going to cause mayhem with the traffic and more filth all over the place for those poor residents. I dread to think what’s going to happen to the local businesses when the graft is going on. I’ll not be going down when the whole area is stinking of shit. I’ll be going to shields...

It’s going to be carnage mate. Increasing the capacity is going to cause mayhem with the traffic and more filth all over the place for those poor residents. I dread to think what’s going to happen to the local businesses when the graft is going on. I’ll not be going down when the whole area is stinking of shit. I’ll be going to shields...
Wonder how far the new sewer will have to go to connect to something suitable? Doesn’t bear thinking about the mess.

It doesn’t bear thinking about, plus once the sewer is upgraded to a huge capacity, it will enable them to bang as many houses up as they want down there. Green light for a concrete jungle. 😡
Avant will be laughing their cocks off, they won’t have to pay a penny towards it for their development.

Avant will be laughing their cocks off, they won’t have to pay a penny towards it for their development.
Yes and the last dog walking field will be getting squeezed from both sides. It’ll only be a matter of time before that goes the journey and the new mega sewer will be able to cope with it no problemo.

RIP seaburn 😩

Yous definitely got it? We still haven’t heard back from Metnor, they were asking loads of questions at tender stage.
Nah, we did send our quote to them when they were announced but needs chasing up. I think the other companies that quoted had missed a hell of a lot compared to our quote or at least that’s what STP told me. I’ve got all the info for the tender though, I know they had budgeted £50k to get connected to the grid.

I live fairly near and went along to the public gallery tonight to see what was said. A previous poster commented on the ability of NWL, totally justified. Their representative was repeatedly questioned by councillors of all political parties about previous false facts, incorrect statistics, lack of clarity, apparent collusion etc. At first the Miller Homes pair advised the Chair Lady that they were choosing to watch the proceedings rather that speak. By the time the NWL chap had issued his 5th apology and when the Council Officer lady wound everyone up by quoting precedent of some case in Wales where the builder has a right to connect to the sewage system irrespective of local concerns, you could feel the atmosphere change. The the Miller "2" both chose to speak, I think in an attempt to rescue things, one of them agreed to pay for a survey, then, sort of didn't! Then 2 Labour councillors piped up with 2 valid points -
1) What have we got to lose by getting an independent environmental survey done?
2) What is the maximum capacity of the existing sewage network? And can it cope with every proposed Seaburn development.
Motion from Liberal Councillor (Haswell?) to defer passed by about 15-2 votes (rough count)
The NWL chap and one of the Miller 2 left pronto (probably in a state of panic)
Expect it to be in the Echo in early February!! :)

Back