Sandy Hook back to School vid

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if a backpack is going to stop someone determined to kill students

To the minority of Americans (who also happen to be the ones in power), the way to stop someone shooting someone is to give them more guns. I'm open to the idea of bulletproof backpacks instead.

Yet how many mass shootings?
When compared to other countries: shit tons
Compared to the number of gun owners: very few.

Not going to here me say they shouldn't have tighter gun controls, in the mean time why not have emergency drills like they do for fires? I'm not saying that it's good, but ultimately a school can't control national gun policy it can teach students and staff what to do in an emergency.
Anybody convinced by propaganda to acquire a firearm and massacre schoolchildren is most definitely deluded at the very least.
You may need to reword this, it makes no sense. It reads like you are saying there is propaganda to influence people into acquiring a firearms and massacring schoolchildren right now

Not going to here me say they shouldn't have tighter gun controls, in the mean time why not have emergency drills like they do for fires? I'm not saying that it's good, but ultimately a school can't control national gun policy it can teach students and staff what to do in an emergency.

You may need to reword this, it makes no sense. It reads like you are saying there is propaganda to influence people into acquiring a firearms and massacring schoolchildren right now

I'm not debating whether they should have them or not. Rather just a sorry state of a nation that they need to.

What else motivates the majority of these school shooters? Surely they've been radicalised by propaganda?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you show us some of this propaganda...

I don't really research these shootings too much, as they generally infuriate me too much. I'm not sure what's so unusual about suggesting that the people doing school shootings have been influenced by some sort of propaganda

I don't really research these shootings too much, as they generally infuriate me too much. I'm not sure what's so unusual about suggesting that the people doing school shootings have been influenced by some sort of propaganda

I think it tends to be due to their mental health/upbringing/environment. A lot of these school shooters are doing it as an act of revenge iirc.

Might be wrong.

Is that a spoof video? It can't be from anywhere serious...is it?!

Either way, it's really distasteful, disrespectful and just f***ing awful.

Propaganda is the intentional spread of information to influence an audience and further an agenda.

Who is spreading information to influence someone to shoot up a school and what is the agenda they are trying to further?

I'm not debating whether they should have them or not. Rather just a sorry state of a nation that they need to.

What else motivates the majority of these school shooters? Surely they've been radicalised by propaganda?

What propaganda? As far as I can see they are copycat murders driven only by the murderer's pathetic sense of injustice and a willingness to be badder than the last shooter. To out do the rest. To make the news.

Same with attacks on schools with machetes in China. There's no propaganda that makes them do what they do either...apart that it's become a 'thing' to hang their self pitying hat on to.

It sends a message imo. Very well done.

Last edited:

It's a real video. It's done by an organisation founded by some parents who lost kids at Sandy Hook. I suggest you look at what the Sandy Hook Promise is, it's a powerful piece of marketing imo.

It's incredibly hard hitting and makes its point very effectively. It's hard to take and that is its point but this kind of shit happens frequently over there.

I think it tends to be due to their mental health/upbringing/environment. A lot of these school shooters are doing it as an act of revenge iirc.

Might be wrong.

Aye, I'd assumed their mental health was usually extremely bad. It just seems a bit odd that somebody would just turn up at school one day and massacre everyone out of revenge, but then again it's impossible to try and rationalise I guess.

Propaganda is the intentional spread of information to influence an audience and further an agenda.

Who is spreading information to influence someone to shoot up a school and what is the agenda they are trying to further?

I don't know mate, I thought it was reasonable to assume that they had been influenced through things they've started to read/hear starting to radicalise them. Like I say, it wasn't a definitive claim, more an assumption.

Aye, I'd assumed their mental health was usually extremely bad. It just seems a bit odd that somebody would just turn up at school one day and massacre everyone out of revenge, but then again it's impossible to try and rationalise I guess.

That's the point of the campaign behind the video, that's generally not what happens.

It's how it uses a school shooting scenario to sell stationary and other items that I find really distasteful, then it got to the skateboard and had to ask if it's a spoof.

Then the opening sentence on the tweet "survive the school year"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back