Sandy Hook back to School vid

It's how it uses a school shooting scenario to sell stationary and other items that I find really distasteful, then it got to the skateboard and had to ask if it's a spoof.

Then the opening sentence on the tweet "survive the school year"

Surely you're taking the piss here?

This is an organisation set up by (I believe) people close to the victims of the Sandy Hook Massacre to try and raise awareness of school shootings.

It's highlighting what a generic school should be like, and using the 'back to school' message ironically. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw the 'survive the school year' slogan on an ASDA 'back to school' campaign. They're spreading a message of 'this is what school going back to school should be like, but in reality, it's this'.

It's using these stereotypes as a powerful message. It's not 'selling' stationary.

The fact it's offending people means it's been successful. You should be offended as that is what's happening in schools in the US.

Like terror attacks school shootings generally don't just pop up out of nowhere, there are people around the perpetrator that see changes in their behaviour or that know or suspect something is coming but don't report it.

Aye, but all that I would've expected as well. I never thought it was just something they impulsively did it or anything, quite the opposite. That's why I initially assumed they'd been radicalised by online propaganda or something and the shootings were perceived 'revenge' or 'justice', similar to other terrorists.

Its fear mongering imo and they are using kids to do it, there is a massive agenda to disarm americans and this video is part of that agenda. Bullet proof backpacks ffs. Kids should not have to live in fear (especially when that fear is being engrained by so called decent people) Sickening!

Its fear mongering imo and they are using kids to do it, there is a massive agenda to disarm americans and this video is part of that agenda. Bullet proof backpacks ffs. Kids should not have to live in fear (especially when that fear is being engrained by so called decent people) Sickening!

So you're against people publicly speaking out against school shootings? Surely that is fear mongering too?

What would you do instead? Just ignore it and brush it under the carpet?

1. So you're against people publicly speaking out against school shootings? Surely that is fear mongering too?

2. What would you do instead? Just ignore it and brush it under the carpet?
1. Nope.

2. I wouldn't have kids living in mortal fear that's for sure as its harmful to them.

I don't really research these shootings too much, as they generally infuriate me too much. I'm not sure what's so unusual about suggesting that the people doing school shootings have been influenced by some sort of propaganda
Should maybe stop talking shite then.
It's incredibly hard hitting and makes its point very effectively. It's hard to take and that is its point but this kind of shit happens frequently over there.
Reminds me a bit of that anti-paramilitary Cats In The Cradle video they put out in the early 90s.

Last edited:
1. My flick through their site earlier didn't mention gun control.

2. Were you in mortal fear of fire when you had fire drills at school?
1. Of course not.

2. Nope I always enjoyed getting out in the fresh air and this is nothing like a fire drill.

1. Of course not.

2. Nope I always enjoyed getting out in the fresh air and this is nothing like a fire drill.
A shooting drill is exactly like a fire drill, or any other emergency preparedness measure. It's not one that should be required, there's no reason to think most kids are living in fear though.

A shooting drill is exactly like a fire drill, or any other emergency preparedness measure. It's not one that should be required, there's no reason to think most kids are living in fear though.
Except the video is not an emergency drill its blatant fear mongering.

Look at the clip of this man (excuse the pun)

note the bullet holes*

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
Except the video is not an emergency drill its blatant fear mongering.
It's marketing by an organisation set up by parents of Sandy Hook victims, good luck to them.

Aye, that's bollocks, fuck all to do with your previous point though.

Except I stated pretty clearly that it was more of an assumption than a definitive claim. Unlike most on here mate I'm willing to be enlightened and change my mind.

So with respect, fuck off.

You didn't here...

Yet how many mass shootings? Anybody convinced by propaganda to acquire a firearm and massacre schoolchildren is most definitely deluded at the very least.

Ergo, you were talking shite from the off, and that's without mentioning the nonsense 'radicalisation' comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't here...

Ergo, you were talking shite from the off, and that's without mentioning the nonsense 'radicalisation' comment.

I've said several times now it was more of an assumption. Anybody shooting up schools probably has multitude of issues from mental health issues to perceived societal injustice, but I wouldn't rule out some degree of radicalisation or reenforcement of their warped ideas on some corner of the Internet or something.

If you want to keep being a wanker though, then you're free to do so.

Back