Sam Fender

I mean it’s much, much, much more than just a band member wearing a football shirt. It’s utter over the top, vomit inducing cringe. It’s bad enough when they chant ‘toon toon’ in between songs at gigs of someone completely unrelated to the place. I’ve been to gigs all over the country and nowhere do the people go on like these people do. They bang on about how attached they are to their football club and their identity. It’s actually pretty sad, as if they have nothing else in their lives.
He grew up as a Mags fan. The lads in his band have wore Mag tops since forever. If anything they are remaining close to their roots rather than changing. The sax lad wears a Newcastle top at every gig they do. It’s not a new thing.

It can be hard to stomach sometimes but just got to let it go. He was really good last night and I don’t remember him starting any of the chants.

It’s probs something he’ll grow out of but I don’t think it’s worth people losing their blob over. Let them be and if seeing someone wearing a black and white top is too hard to stomach then don’t go. But you have to expect it to an extent given where he’s playing. Even Stormzy wore one of their tops the other week.

He grew up as a Mags fan. The lads in his band have wore Mag tops since forever. If anything they are remaining close to their roots rather than changing. The sax lad wears a Newcastle top at every gig they do. It’s not a new thing.

It can be hard to stomach sometimes but just got to let it go. He was really good last night and I don’t remember him starting any of the chants.

It’s probs something he’ll grow out of but I don’t think it’s worth people losing their blob over. Let them be and if seeing someone wearing a black and white top is too hard to stomach then don’t go. But you have to expect it to an extent given where he’s playing. Even Stormzy wore one of their tops the other week.
I recall Liam wearing one and he is supposed to be a proper Man City fan.

At least Shearer had the bollocks to refuse to wear our strip.

But you have to expect it to an extent given where he’s playing. Even Stormzy wore one of their tops the other week.
Even madferret Liam, from a band built on the 90s Citeh brand was wearing a mags top when Oasis played the arena…

Reading between the lines here, while it’s the same band and artist on stage that many people here have seen before - the audience is different now & full of bandwagon jumpers (in mag tops!).

That's dangerous tactics imo. Go along with the mag chanting and pretty soon he'll be beheading gay people on stage and the crowd will lap it up, Trippier tweeting praise about it after

I suppose it's a bit like oasis with man City back in the day.
I remember being at gigs in the mid 90s just after Newcastle utd were formed and you would hear toon army chants.

The jibes at Sunderland are bizarre, especially from a player from outside the area. What's he going to do next, take a selfie at Newcastle Airport and comment that Sunderland doesn't have an airport to amuse them and reassure them.

I go to quite a few of his gigs. Best songwriter/band to hit the UK in more than a generation. The Geordie stuff doesn't bother me one iota; he sings about real issues. If he was a mad Sunderland supporter and had been brought up in Hendon people on here would be creaming their pants over him.

I go to quite a few of his gigs. Best songwriter/band to hit the UK in more than a generation. The Geordie stuff doesn't bother me one iota; he sings about real issues. If he was a mad Sunderland supporter and had been brought up in Hendon people on here would be creaming their pants over him
Definitely. And we would love it. Proper lads fan etc etc Flags arl owa.

it’s a funny old game.

Back