Sam Allardyce wants return to management with Sunderland as mega-bucks US consortium eye takeover

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSA wouldn't be brought to the club based on his lifestyle or past indiscretions, he's no Saint or Mother Teresa. If he came it would be on account that he's a very good manager, a manager that would get us promoted this season and take us back to the top flight. The manner in which he left us to take up the England job left a bitter taste for many, but it was England and no manager would have turned that down. Maybe there's a side of BSA that does regret leaving us, maybe he believes there is unfinished business here. Yes the prospect of a large war chest won't have gone unnoticed by BSA but I would sooner trust Sam in the transfer market than Ross. If there was the remotest chance of bringing BSA back to the club then it would be crazy for the owners NOT to at least talk to him. Make it happen, BHH

I'm actually a bit shocked with some of the comments towards him on here. When he was here, he kept us up and we played some good football at times. Players all knew what their roles in the team was and we looked competent all over the pitch. Nobody can blame him for taking the England job, it was his dream and I think it's fair to say that Ellis Short moved the goalposts somewhat in pre season.

Is he a shady bastard? Of course he is and I can understand the criticisms from that angle. For me though he's a perfect fit for what we need and I'd be confident he'd secure promotion this season and then get us back up into the PL after 1 or 2 in the Championship.

I'm actually a bit shocked with some of the comments towards him on here. When he was here, he kept us up and we played some good football at times. Players all knew what their roles in the team was and we looked competent all over the pitch. Nobody can blame him for taking the England job, it was his dream and I think it's fair to say that Ellis Short moved the goalposts somewhat in pre season.

Is he a shady bastard? Of course he is and I can understand the criticisms from that angle. For me though he's a perfect fit for what we need and I'd be confident he'd secure promotion this season and then get us back up into the PL after 1 or 2 in the Championship.
f***ing off at halftime in a match is a bit low even for him Desmond.

Why? You do know we've seen his brand of football and it was incredibly enjoyable. We've never been harder to beat.
you saw it for 5 minutes

I endured it for 4 years

the fact you biggest praise is "hard to beat" tells me he can't have been any more attacking then he was with us "Respect the point" was one of his catch phrases as we went 6 or 7 Championship home games without a win

don't get me wrong he did a good job for us which I'm grateful for

wouldn't ever want him back though

Last edited:
you saw it for 5 minutes

I endured it for 4 years

the fact you biggest praise is "hard to beat" tells me he can't have been any more attacking then he was with us "Respect the point" was one of his catch phrases as we went 6 or 7 Championship home games without a win

You're also in the prem with a very good squad, we're currently in league 1 and distinctly average. If any Sunderland fan wanted us to do well, they'd be delighted with Allardyce.

you saw it for 5 minutes

I endured it for 4 years

Can’t be worse than the football we’re playing now

Nah the best football we played was the Poyet great escape. It was good under Allardyce but that brief run under Poyet was something else.

I’d have Gus back over BSA mind. The players also loved playing for him. But like many of them, he needs a calming influence alongside him. An old head.

You're also in the prem with a very good squad, we're currently in league 1 and distinctly average. If any Sunderland fan wanted us to do well, they'd be delighted with Allardyce.
yes of course and he may be what you need, he probably was what we did at the time, as say I'll never say he didn't do a good job

just pointing out tho that he does do two of the things I see Ross criticised for most on here

you saw it for 5 minutes

I endured it for 4 years

You're talking absolute shite. It's because, like Newcastle and Everton, you have it in your head that your club is far bigger than it as and deserves Guardiola level football.

We did play attacking football, Defoe scored for fun under Allardyce. Being organised and solid doesn't mean we were sitting back for 90 minutes.

You're talking absolute shite. It's because, like Newcastle and Everton, you have it in your head that your club is far bigger than it as and deserves Guardiola level football.

Stop moaning about Ross then, you're only just off the top

or is it ok for you to want better attacking play but not anyone else?

'Can't be worse' course it can. Not saying Sam's football wouldn't be better but it definitely could be worse.

We’re averaging about 3 shots on target a game and have looked second best in most.

Would be impressive if a manager had us playing worse in this league with the squad we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back