Safc fans under 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely. He sounds a complete tool.

Before 2003 Sunderland AFC had never finished bottom in any league season. In the last 14 years we've done it three times, including a 19 point and a 15 point season.

My boy is 8 this year and all he has known is a relegation battle. I don't think any youngsters need lessons in pain .

I was lucky enough to see the late 70's and 80's glory years but also got put through the dour 90's and relegation battles so have seen both sides.

The younger fans I feel sorry for (especially those old enough to remember the 90's) who've seen us win nought, constantly bottle the big games, and have LFC fans in school/work have the bragging rights over derbies and seeing them win trophies/spend big money. Just hope things can change in the coming seasons never stop believing lads.

At least the older fans have had something to cheer. Those young uns have known 10 years of defeat after defeat. Just because it's in the premier league, doesn't make it any more pleasurable.

They'll be old enough to have seen the 15 point season and 5 consecutive relegation battles. We've barely been out of the bottom 3 in 5 years man

Living the dream

You could say the older (50+) generation are part of the problem with their happy clapping apathy towards poor performance.

you could say that, and you would no doubt be right, of course you don't seem to qualify if you weren't there for 1973, or for the third division of the late 80s, i have seen 3 relegations in my time, 2 of the worst in premiership history... this is my 4th relegation and as someone who is 32, i am f***ing sick of them... no trophy for 45 years, we need changes quickly or what is the point! look at south shields.. they maybe non league, but they are showing ambition, we haven't seen much of that for god knows how long... i know Roy Keane wouldn't put up with what we are currently going threw! or Peter Reid for that matter !

They'll be old enough to have seen the 15 point season and 5 consecutive relegation battles. We've barely been out of the bottom 3 in 5 years man

Living the dream
Think I'm right in saying our first league win in the calendar year 2003 was in August.

What a night in Bar Sia it was too!

Think I'm right in saying our first league win in the calendar year 2003 was in August.

What a night in Bar Sia it was too!

Preston North End, Marcus Stewart and Shaun Thornton, in the league i believe but
First win of that season was at Mansfield Town in the league cup... league as above

Last edited by a moderator:
In defence of these young fans, unlike 30 years ago they're watching a bunch of under performing millionaires that are the same age as they are. Plenty of reason to feel bitter.
I just grew up watching under performers who drove the same shit cars and drank in the same shit pubs as me and my mates.

Quite embarrassing OP.

Similar to getting shite cus you don't have a Mackem accent.

When you are in the away end you are in the same boat as everyone else there.
Quite funny this. The first time I went to a London game, and met up with the second and third generation Mackems,born and bred in Slough. When you first hear "Cam own yoo cants" from our end, and you think fuck, what part of Pallion is he from?

Quite funny this. The first time I went to a London game, and met up with the second and third generation Mackems,born and bred in Slough. When you first hear "Cam own yoo cants" from our end, and you think fuck, what part of Pallion is he from?
I love that. "Awww, fackin' eww Sahnderlahnd! "

Saw plenty of you getting an earful from older fans tonight. You don't know your fuckin born, growing up in bent, gyan, Defoe, cisse, etc.
Mocking the club you "support" in your ironic Facebook ways.
Wait til you have to see shite before you mock shite.
The old fellas were right, you haven't got a clue what's in store.

I f***ing despise this attitude with an absolute vengeance.

"I was there when we were in division 3 so shut the fuck up, sit down and take your medicine"

nah. Our current state is appalling regardless of what happened in nineteen eighty f***ing seven (THIRTY f***ing years ago) and therefore, regardless of age, folk are allowed to vent at the match without the medal wearing superfans of the 80s getting all het up.

Rant over.

They shouldn't be little dicks then. A load of the little shites that go to away games are only there for the "sesh".

that also applies to plenty older fans too. :rolleyes:

not sure venting at the match can be classed as being a dick.

Aye, let the fuckers learn the hard way like we did.

they are learning. That doesn't mean they're not allowed to vent for fear of some owld gadgie that's seen it all y'kna getting het up.

Last edited:
And the younger fans have always paid plenty to watch. The days of heading out with a fiver, having a skin-full in the Londonderry, watching the match, having a Bovril, two wagon wheels and an offal pie at half time, six more pints and a curry afterwards and finishing off in a club of gentleman's interest and still having change for your BFH are long gone.

The idea that our young fans haven't suffered yet is ridiculous mind. I'm 24 and the only period of relative success we've had is the time under Reid, many fans under 20 won't have even experienced that. They'll have experienced us breaking records left right and centre for being shite though.

that also applies to plenty older fans too. :rolleyes:

not sure venting at the match can be classed as being a dick.
They weren't 'venting at the match', they were gannin' on like aresholes. I stood behind bunch of 17-20 years olds at Arsenal last season who spent the entire time hurling abuse at some fat wife in the Arsenal end. They couldn't have given a fuck about the match.

Old fans always know better as they've supported the club longer apparently. Only they can criticise the team as they witnessed Sunderland drop into division 3 once
Even then they don't criticise. Apparently no one should be unhappy because we were worse off 30 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back