Safc fans under 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw plenty of you getting an earful from older fans tonight. You don't know your fuckin born, growing up in bent, gyan, Defoe, cisse, etc.
Mocking the club you "support" in your ironic Facebook ways.
Wait til you have to see shite before you mock shite.
The old fellas were right, you haven't got a clue what's in store.

Pipe down you wrong'un

It's a pretty defeatist attitude though isn't it? We've been shite before so just put up with it?

It's the exact reason why Moyes is STILL our manager. We put up with far too much shite. We always look for when times were worse, imagine if we did the opposite? Peter Reid has us on the verge of Europe, christ even Steve Bruce had us mid-table and now look at us.

It's almost like fans want to out-do each other. "I saw us relegated three times in 8 years" "I saw us finish bottom 6 in the Championship" "I remember watching us lose to Gillingham and go down to the 3rd division/League 1"

This sketch is Sunderland fans, exactly down to a tee.

Last edited:
It's the exact reason why Moyes is STILL our manager. We put up with far too much shite. We always look for when times were worse, imagine if we did the opposite? Peter Reid has us on the verge of Europe, christ even Steve Bruce had us mid-table and now look at us.

It's almost like fans want to out-do each other. "I saw us relegated three times in 8 years" "I saw us finish bottom 6 in the Championship" "I remember watching us lose to Gillingham and go down to the 3rd division/League 1"

This sketch is Sunderland fans, exactly down to a tee.

Very much this... never been such a summing up

I'm not one of the u20 group but surely if they've seen those players it's not much to ask to match it, never mind exceed it.

Saw plenty of you getting an earful from older fans tonight. You don't know your fuckin born, growing up in bent, gyan, Defoe, cisse, etc.
Mocking the club you "support" in your ironic Facebook ways.
Wait til you have to see shite before you mock shite.
The old fellas were right, you haven't got a clue what's in store.

Mind I saw some of the older fans getting a reet earbashing off some of our even older now dead fans. "You know nowt, we were the team of all talents, how can you meekly accept such indifferent shite".

The dead fans were right, current fans have no idea what this club is capable of.

I'm well over 20, but those sorts of comments make me laugh. Yes, let's accept shite because worse has happened in the past.

Time moves on. Stop being fixated with the past.

It's become some kind of weird badge of honour to put up with shit.

Shit performances.
Shit players.
Shit managers.
Shit transfer business.
Shit preseason preparation.
Shit youth progression.
Shit chief executives.

You got to just put up with it. You've got to be one of those you'd want "in the trenches" - well I'll tell you this, some of the daft ***** on here would be happy going into the trenches with a waterpistol for a weapon.

Year after year we've been shit, the decline has been obvious, and people have got dogs abuse for pointing it out. Threads calling out posters for daring to say they thought we could go down.

It's pathetic.

Some of the older SAFC fans are hilarious. Think that because they've been watching us for a few more years they can tell every other fucker what to think and say. There's quite a few notable faces on here. For example the people who intimidated those with the Short and byrne banner at West Ham.

They should mind their own business. You wouldn't see a young fan (often) telling an older fan how to support the team, so the oldies should fuck off.

Whether young or old male or female this is unacceptable! They are allowed to voice their opinions, they pay money and put commitment in like all of us, whether you saw us st our best or worst makes no difference....this drivel being served up with Moyes not clearly having a game plan every week is embarrassing and the fans deserve better. Throughout season iv wondered what system we are trying to plan or type of football....seen better tacticians on the sideline of a Sunday league team never mind someone who Is meant and I use this term loosely ....'meant to be an expert' .....

The guardian summed it up well in a recent article, the 5 stages of being a fan
There are five ages to being a football fan. In Age One, you are the wide-eyed innocent in your father’s wake, awestruck at every kick, scream and swearword. In the Second Age, you are the young teenager at the game with mates, gleefully and liberally squawking those same swearwords. In Age Three, in your late teens and early 20s, you are the detached, laconic observer, trying to pretend that you don’t care by laughing at your team’s failures, all the while hurting underneath.

In the Fourth Age, now in your 30s and 40s, perhaps with a family of your own, you prefer to sit and analyse, making frequent references to players and games from the past. You have reached peak wisdom, because in Age Five, as you hit middle age and beyond, you feel that your loyalty and longevity entitle you to do and say whatever the hell you want. Pay 30-plus quid for a ticket? Why the hell should I? Bollocks to that, I’m off to watch the North East Counties League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back