Sacked for eating a leftover sandwich

Qwerty

Striker
Cleaner sacked for eating sarnies which had been left after solicitors had left their meeting.
The firm has said it is the contractor who has sacked her. Hopefully they'll use their influence to get her reinstated.
Alternatively I hope she gets another job and the cleaning firm has trouble replacing her.

UVW contends that the request for Rodriguez’s removal from the site was an act of discrimination alleging if she was not a Latin American with limited English, Devonshires would not have complained about her, which led to her dismissal.

Conjecture. Absolutely no way of proving this is the case, even if it was true. Highly likely that the firm could cite a previous dismissal in similar circumstances of an employee that wasn't a Latin American.

Last edited:
The solicitors seem to be totally reasonable.

The company she was employed by less so.
The article is somewhat contradictory, in one instance it states the solicitors complained that the leftover sandwiches were not being returned but then the solicitors' are quoted as saying they didn't make complaint 🤔

Some companies are proper weird about people taking stuff that would be thrown away.

I would perhaps understand from a hygiene standpoint but it just come across as mean spirited.

In one of the pubs we used to work in we'd we'd do the lines on a Friday night after closing the regulars would stay behind with the staff and have some free pints. It was all going down the drain anyway. Then a new gaffer came in and put a stop to it. Twat.

Some companies are proper weird about people taking stuff that would be thrown away.

I would perhaps understand from a hygiene standpoint but it just come across as mean spirited.

In one of the pubs we used to work in we'd we'd do the lines on a Friday night after closing the regulars would stay behind with the staff and have some free pints. It was all going down the drain anyway. Then a new gaffer came in and put a stop to it. Twat.
I’ve seen lads threatened with being thrown off site for taking things which was going in the skip.
Cleaner sacked for eating sarnies which had been left after solicitors had left their meeting.
The firm has said it is the contractor who has sacked her. Hopefully they'll use their influence to get her reinstated.
Alternatively I hope she gets another job and the cleaning firm has trouble replacing her.

It must have been someone from the solicitors who shopped them surely.

The article is somewhat contradictory, in one instance it states the solicitors complained that the leftover sandwiches were not being returned but then the solicitors' are quoted as saying they didn't make complaint 🤔
Solicitors have shit themselves and blamed the contractors.

If it was the bad publicity has shamed them.
Why couldn't the solicitors bring their own bait? Lazy twats
Wonder what Chris Wilder would’ve made of it all
'How dare the cleaner eat a sandwich which a high powered solicitor has discarded'

Last edited:

Looks very much like it.

You would think if someone had a real issue with it they would speak to the cleaner, unless they were cowards or as mentioned because she was foreign.
Surely they would think she could be sacked if they went to her employer.
Whoever it was has no morals and is a turd of a human being.

Back