Ryhope Tournament Years Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

thornton15

Midfield
Anyone remember a tournament held at Ryhope’s pitch years back? Seem to recall Celtic and Chile taking part.

Celtic definitely, but I'm almost sure it was only European teams mate.

Think I've got the programme somewhere. It'll be interesting to look through the squads to see who made it big from those young sides

Remember the silky tournaments. Must have a programme somewhere, will check my parents loft next time I’m home

Was literally just talking about these at work last week. Would love to know if some of the players that took part went onto become big names in the game.

Was literally just talking about these at work last week. Would love to know if some of the players that took part went onto become big names in the game.
Remember a lad in CM for Madrid and he looked about 25! Absolute unit and looked outstanding would love to know what happened to him.

Talking of big units there was a huge kid playing up front for Man Utd in the final against Rangers one year at Silksworth. Alex Ferguson was there but Rangers won the final. I’m pretty sure the big lad could have been Shaun Goater as in ‘feed the goat’ Absolutely huge for his age. He didn’t have a good final but was banging them in for fun in the earlier rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back