Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putin is one of the most corrupt leaders of the world. How much is the estimated amount he's siphoned off - 10bn?

I found his declaration as self elected "Overlord" absolutely laughable.

Hey, I don’t know - probably not. But you said the West was to blame. Surely *Russia* is to blame, no?
Looking at it from Russias point of view they would say that NATO would be to blame for encouraging the former Warsaw Pact Countries to switch sides to make Russia feel threatened.

Unlikely, IMHO.

Btw, NATO and the EU promised Russia – after the USSR collapsed – not to expand eastwards into the former Warsaw Treaty states.

Some promise that was, eh?
Some say that isn't true and Putin is just saying it to play the victim.

Seems like it’s just a matter of time given the build up of troops on the border

Not a member of NATO so the west could, and probably will, sit on its hands

it’s deeply worrying
They'll use the old excuse that the Russians living amongst the Ukrainians have been getting a hard time and they're moving in to sort things out.

Next stop, Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia.

Then Poland.

Putin is a mad man. Another Gorby needs to emerge and calm things down.

Looking at it from Russias point of view they would say that NATO would be to blame for encouraging the former Warsaw Pact Countries to switch sides to make Russia feel threatened.

Do you think they needed much encouragement? I mean surely Russia dominating all those states for the previous half century or more might have played a part in the very rational belief that Russia was a strategic threat?

I don’t think Poland for example “switched” sides, they never chose to be part of Russian hegemony.

Do you think they needed much encouragement? I mean surely Russia dominating all those states for the previous half century or more might have played a part in the very rational belief that Russia was a strategic threat?

I don’t think Poland for example “switched” sides, they never chose to be part of Russian hegemony.
You're probably right about the Countries not needing much encouragement to join NATO but i reckon it will prove to be a big mistake one day when Russia invades one or more of the former Warsaw Pact Countries.

You're probably right about the Countries not needing much encouragement to join NATO but i reckon it will prove to be a big mistake one day when Russia invades one or more of the former Warsaw Pact Countries.
Gammons are right into 'sovereignty' as long as it's the UK, not former Warsaw pact members.

Ukraine are perfectly at liberty to pursue their own future, not be satellite states of the Kremlin. I hope we admit them into NATO ASAP.

Gammons are right into 'sovereignty' as long as it's the UK, not former Warsaw pact members.

Ukraine are perfectly at liberty to pursue their own future, not be satellite states of the Kremlin. I hope we admit them into NATO ASAP.
That all depends on if NATO consider it a good idea or not, the best thing to do would be to calm things down and hope within Russia itself someone is ready to take out Putin and the concerns on both sides can relax a lot.

Bulgaria,Romania,Czech,Estonia,Latvia,Lithuania,Hungary and Poland all former members of the Warsaw Pact that are now in NATO with Ukraine wanting to join, and the daft twats expect Russia to do nothing.

I'm sure you were just as vocal when Russia killed people on British soil

Bulgaria,Romania,Czech,Estonia,Latvia,Lithuania,Hungary and Poland all former members of the Warsaw Pact that are now in NATO with Ukraine wanting to join, and the daft twats expect Russia to do nothing.

True. If Mexico, Canada, Cuba etc has Russian forces in now, how would we expect USA to feel?
I believe Finland is the only democracy we’ve declared war on.

British planes intentionally dropped bombs in river in one city to avoid harm but "carry out the mission".

Last edited:

We'll all be roasted like Gammons if WW3 breaks out due to the stupidity of welcoming Ukraine into NATO.
I'm sure you were just as vocal when Russia killed people on British soil
:)Fuck off man,i just don't want to die in a fiery inferno when WW3 breaks out.

Last edited:
We'll all be roasted like Gammons if WW3 breaks out due to the stupidity of welcoming Ukraine into NATO.

:)Fuck off man,i just don't want to die in a fiery inferno when WW3 breaks out.

You've spent the entire thread rehearsing talking points on behalf of the authoritarian regime in Russia

Don't be surprised when people point that out.

You've spent the entire thread rehearsing talking points on behalf of the authoritarian regime in Russia

Don't be surprised when people point that out.
If you read my posts correctly instead of jumping in feet first you will see that i was deliberately looking at the situation from the Russian point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back