Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

TBF, Ukraine have said all along that they expect the tide of the war to change in their favour in August, maybe this is when they expect the Russians to have exhausted their men and supplies, and the weapons from other nations to be in place and operational. I think the way UKR have dug in and scrapped away around the Donbass area was them trying best to delay the RU advance and buy some time, whilst letting the RU expend their stocks of ammo and troops, and in that respect they've done a job, Russia has succeeded in taking over control of a huge pile of rubble, at a massive cost to them, I can't see their troops morale being boosted much by these gains, knowing that they've got to do much, much more to achieve any kind of victory over UKR, who will only get stronger with new weapons , training etc. The next few weeks will tell us a lot about the direction of this conflict .

How quickly Russia advance from here will tell us a lot about how this will eventually play out. Sounds like shelling has already started on the expected next targets so we’ll see.

Wait until the new Russian dad's army get's going.Passed a new law saying you can get called up to 65 years old. They WON'T like it up em !

The BEEB reporting that Lysychansk has been taken. Claims only but photos up of Chechen fighters flying the Russian flag over the administration centre. :(

Hopes of Russia being finished and the likes of the HIMARS turning the tide appear a tad premature.
It was only a few weeks ago that the Twitterati were saying Lysychansk would hold for months because it was on high ground and Russian attack forces would be under constant observation

I love this thread and attempt to keep up with it.

However I feel as though it is very one sided and biased in the manner of Ukraine have the upper hand. I have the feeling that they haven’t (have no other views apart from this).
I feel as we all want Ukraine to win, that all the positivity is heading their way however regality maybe very different.
Sorry for my I’ll education and lack of knowledge.

However I feel as though it is very one sided and biased in the manner of Ukraine have the upper hand. I have the feeling that they haven’t (have no other views apart from this).
I feel as we all want Ukraine to win, that all the positivity is heading their way however regality maybe very different.

Ukraine haven’t had the upper hand in the last few months. In the last few weeks though the momentum of Russia has slowed a fair bit and some serious weaponry from the west has got onto the battlefield.

The sentimental view, mine included, is that Ukraine are more than holding their own. I’m elated when I come on and see some links to Ukrainian success stories and want to believe that the Russians are going to be annihilated when the western weapons arrive.

I think the reality is a lot different sadly. As incompetent as the Russians can be, history shows that they win wars of attrition. They’ll rely on weight of numbers and brutality to prevail, as they seem to be doing here. Hope I’m completely wrong but all the talk of HIMARS changing everything dramatically looks a bit V2 wonder weapon wishful thinking.

happy to be flamed for this post as, like I say, I really hope I’m wrong and the tide turns back blue and yellow.

Personally, I love a one sided thread as long as it's energising...hope is an ingrediant of spiritual evolution, which is handy as material evolution seems to start most wars.

Nothing to see here, just another night and just another Russian ammunition dump is no more.

the intel and accuracy is definitely been ramped up recently. Russia will have to suffer similar, ongoing losses now that Ukraine has the capability to accurately hit anywhere in the occupied territories and beyond.

It was only a few weeks ago that the Twitterati were saying Lysychansk would hold for months because it was on high ground and Russian attack forces would be under constant observation

best laid plans and all that... Russia must be really piling in around there. i wonder what their next step is?

Back