Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

If the west can keep the precision ammo coming and the Ukrainians keep hitting Russian ammo stores and command centers I can see a lot more Russian goodwill withdrawals happening very soon.
Buys time to get more air defense systems in and hopefully missiles to take out the rest of the Russian ships in the Black Sea and then leave the Russians to economically crumble with sanctions.

Shit like this is why wars just don't work anymore.

Everyone is connected. We're global now. It's just pointless.
We know, but try telling that to Shithead and his orcs.

most wars are pointless, but this one is especially so. Once russia failed to take ~Kiev and implement a regime change back in February Putin was scrambling for a plan B. taking the Eastern provinces probably seemed a good idea, a lot of the people were russian by decent and would welcome his orcs with open arms etc. Didn't work, so plan C was implemented, which is basically bomb the shit out of the place. Not a very good plan, as firstly it further alienates the population, reducing the numbers of russian sympathisers, and increasing civil disobedience, and resistance. Secondly what's the point in flattening cities you intend to occupy, you will be left with no industries and a massive reconstruction bill.

We know, but try telling that to Shithead and his orcs.

most wars are pointless, but this one is especially so. Once russia failed to take ~Kiev and implement a regime change back in February Putin was scrambling for a plan B. taking the Eastern provinces probably seemed a good idea, a lot of the people were russian by decent and would welcome his orcs with open arms etc. Didn't work, so plan C was implemented, which is basically bomb the shit out of the place. Not a very good plan, as firstly it further alienates the population, reducing the numbers of russian sympathisers, and increasing civil disobedience, and resistance. Secondly what's the point in flattening cities you intend to occupy, you will be left with no industries and a massive reconstruction bill.
I think that last sentence is quite telling. I'd say now maybe they're resigned to eventually leaving and are just obliterating everything they can out of spite.

I think that last sentence is quite telling. I'd say now maybe they're resigned to eventually leaving and are just obliterating everything they can out of spite.
Think you are spot on, worrying thing though its not just Putin it is almost like it is something embedded in the russian psyche.

incredible technology available to Ukraine now

That’s why I don’t read too much into the comparisons between pure numbers of artillery etc…

The Russian Soviet stuff is almost exclusively dumb unguided rockets and shells. Apart from the expensive ballistic and cruise missiles.

Ukraine have a ton of things that can hit within 2 meters from nearly 100 km. loads of US but also French, British and Swedish guided rockets and shells. But also switchblades and all sorts of other different variations of very effective killing equipment.

Hadn’t even heard of what was in that video until I read the thread.

The UK gave Ukraine some of these which are apparently absolutely ridiculous in terms of capabilities (probably should be at 175k each). They seem to just find a target even or self destruct.

Last edited:
UK Defense Ministry: Russian forces continue to make 'minor advances' around Lysychansk.

I am not a military or weapons expert but anti-ship missiles used to target land seems disproportionate given the amount of explosives needed to blow up a ship. I am curious when the MoD talks about them being less accurate on land but surely striking a ship would require accuracy. Do they operate in a different way to land target missiles, for example, would the be expected to travel through an open and uncongested area but detect the profile of a vessel standing out above the waterline?

Back