Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

Without heavy armour how can Russians hold the ground they pulverise with shelling? Is it literally flooding it with enough men rather than tanks going in first?

This was posted earlier

"Groups of 8 people go in waves - usually 4 waves are prepared for the attack. But there have been cases in Soledar where it took 14 waves to take one area."

This was posted earlier

"Groups of 8 people go in waves - usually 4 waves are prepared for the attack. But there have been cases in Soledar where it took 14 waves to take one area."

Crazy. Like the NKVD blocking regiments in ww2. Retreat and you're dead. But go forward and you're also dead. The convicts must have wished they served their sentences.

The Russians just flatten cities and towns, there’s not much to defend. They need to match them in weight of artillery, until that happens the Russians will just rinse and repeat…

There’s literally nothing left in some of these places.

This was posted earlier

i wonder if the west have under estimated the russian capacity for deaths? Mistakenly applying western sensibility to the value of human life? We in the west would not tolerate losses on the scale we are seeing and would have backed off long ago...if so has history taught us nothing about the lengths they are prepared to go to?

Bodies whilst not being infinite are by far their biggest resource and they are happy to expend them

i wonder if the west have under estimated the russian capacity for deaths? Mistakenly applying western sensibility to the value of human life? We in the west would not tolerate losses on the scale we are seeing and would have backed off long ago...if so has history taught us nothing about the lengths they are prepared to go to?

Bodies whilst not being infinite are by far their biggest resource and they are happy to expend them
Just as they were in ww1, Finnish war and ww2. Ludicrous casualties in each. Literally all about chucking bodies at it. At least in ww2 they had capable commanders like Zhukov, Vasilevsky who were able to turn the tide.

I think there’s a widespread under-estimation of Russian capacity to take casualties, including on here. When you have a large pool of manpower and little to no concern about KIA and WIA numbers, you see what is currently happening in the Donbas. It’s why Russia tends to start to win a war of attrition.

I hope I’m wrong but the tide seems to have turned a bit with all the news coming out being pretty bleak. It won’t happen but ATACM’s and closing airspace needed to give Ukraine more of a chance.

I think there’s a widespread under-estimation of Russian capacity to take casualties, including on here. When you have a large pool of manpower and little to no concern about KIA and WIA numbers, you see what is currently happening in the Donbas. It’s why Russia tends to start to win a war of attrition.

I hope I’m wrong but the tide seems to have turned a bit with all the news coming out being pretty bleak. It won’t happen but ATACM’s and closing airspace needed to give Ukraine more of a chance.
i think the russians initially thought that they would win a tech war but once it became apparent this wasnt to be they have returned to tried and tested methods. Western leaders would never contemplate sacrificing dozens of men to gain a few meters of territory or razing everything in front of them to the ground, wheras the russians will celebrate it. Meanwhile the west continues to dither and drip feed imo they really need a reality check

Widespread spinelessness from arseholes like Scholz and Macron, too preoccupied with not humiliating Russia and giving Putin an 'off ramp'. Time to man up.

UKR are taking casualties but Russian Zerg tactics are well known and plans are underway to counter it

This is why Ukraine was and is so keen for big western tanks, armoured vehicles like the Bradley, artillery and F16s as air cover and a shitload of ammunition

Ultimately UKR will shift to US/Western style mixed unit tactics and the body count will mount up even more, putting pressure on Putin and his government

UKR are taking casualties but Russian Zerg tactics are well known and plans are underway to counter it

This is why Ukraine was and is so keen for big western tanks, armoured vehicles like the Bradley, artillery and F16s as air cover and a shitload of ammunition

Ultimately UKR will shift to US/Western style mixed unit tactics and the body count will mount up even more, putting pressure on Putin and his government
the delays in providing the kit plays into their hands at least in the short term gains will be made lives will be lost....puts blood on the hands of the west

exasperating😡

Looks like the Ukrainian's will have to abandon Bakhmut soon, Russia encircling it slowly but surely, just watching Dennis' newest video there, next 3 days are critical.

Looks like the Ukrainian's will have to abandon Bakhmut soon, Russia encircling it slowly but surely, just watching Dennis' newest video there, next 3 days are critical.

It sounds horrendous.

It sounds horrendous.
Another 'currant bun' nay sayer here.

There's usually an alternative news source for the same story that doesn't make people feel like they're sleeping with the devil.

Back