Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

30,000 troops since Christmas is insane, it's 275,000 a year, where are these troops getting the weapons, I imagine as many rifles are picked up by Ukraine as kept by Russia and a lot of them will have been damaged.
EDIT, I hope these figures are an underestimation.
Rifles are not an issue.. they will have millions in the stores .

It's the bigger hardware that will become an issue over time

Lavrov is threatening Moldova over Transnistria again.

To the apologists and appeasers, do you not see this would not stop with Ukraine? If we capitulate and urge Ukraine to sue for peace, Russia will just be emboldened to do it again somewhere else down the line.
Further Eastern Europe non-NATO territory and bringing the natural resources rich "stans" nations firmly back into the fold would be my guess if they are allowed to get away with this.

Lavrov is threatening Moldova over Transnistria again.

To the apologists and appeasers, do you not see this would not stop with Ukraine? If we capitulate and urge Ukraine to sue for peace, Russia will just be emboldened to do it again somewhere else down the line.

Does anyone doubt that if the Baltic countries weren't in NATO that Russian tanks would be in Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius right now?

Russians still live in the 18th century with their obsession of imperialism. Ukraine need to be better armed than the Russians, give them more western tanks, F16's, ATACMS and cluster munitions. Stop giving Ukraine just enough to compete.

Does anyone doubt that if the Baltic countries weren't in NATO that Russian tanks would be in Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius right now?

Russians still live in the 18th century with their obsession of imperialism. Ukraine need to be better armed than the Russians, give them more western tanks, F16's, ATACMS and cluster munitions. Stop giving Ukraine just enough to compete.

They would but there is no way Putin would go into a NATO country.

I also doubt he would go fully into the Stans to the South as it creates a while range of different problems for him.

His personal goals are probably far in excess of it but I think the reality is he knows he is limited to Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia and maybe a shot at Moldova. A tiny fraction of what he really wants. He should get none of it.

Belarus will be interesting. They faked the last election to avoid a Western facing leader. Next one is due soon but public opinion may not let them het away with it again.

Last edited:
They would but there is no way Putin would go into a NATO country.

I also doubt he would go fully into the Stans to the South as it creates a while range of different problems for him.

His personal goals are probably far in excess of it but I think the reality is he knows he is limited to Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia and maybe a shot at Moldova. A tiny fraction of what he really wants. He should get none of it.

Belarus will be interesting. They faked the last election to avoid a Western facing leader. Next one is due soon but public opinion may not let them het away with it again.

Without knowing much about the constitution of Belarus, you’d assume some bullshit National security edict will come down preventing an election.

It’s imperialism, it’s ironic when they talk about the USA having a hegemonic grip over Europe when they actually want to dominate the east European continent.
NATO only exists because countries don’t want the treatment Ukraine is enduring at the minute

Rheinmetall to supply 88 Leopard 1's to Ukraine:

They're a better light tank than the T72 as they don't cook off, but depends on equipment.

Russian numerologists will be all over the number mind.

Already seen it. 88 = HH, or ‘Heil Hitler’.
It’s imperialism, it’s ironic when they talk about the USA having a hegemonic grip over Europe when they actually want to dominate the east European continent.
NATO only exists because countries don’t want the treatment Ukraine is enduring at the minute

Russia is to all intents and purposes the only remaining land empire.

Rheinmetall to supply 88 Leopard 1's to Ukraine:

They're a better light tank than the T72 as they don't cook off, but depends on equipment.

Russian numerologists will be all over the number mind.
The issue remains unresolved with the ammo problems though as it has a rifled 105 mm barrel.

Wanna bet?

Don’t forget Ukraine had a Russian leaning leader for years until the Maidan in 2014. They tried to brutally surpress it and cling on but ultimately Yanukovech had to flee for his life.

Worth remembering Belarus like Ukraine back then has a poorly equipped, run down and demotivated armed forces.

Obviously Lukashenko would never go quietly but it was quite close last time to erupting and according to the various Belarus journalists who comment on Ukraine he is hanging by a thread and that is part of the reason he will never enter the fight with Ukraine as he wouldn’t keep power.

It would be bloody but if he tries to steal another election I certainly think their is a change 2014 in Ukraine could repeat itself.

Don’t forget Ukraine had a Russian leaning leader for years until the Maidan in 2014. They tried to brutally surpress it and cling on but ultimately Yanukovech had to flee for his life.

Worth remembering Belarus like Ukraine back then has a poorly equipped, run down and demotivated armed forces.

Obviously Lukashenko would never go quietly but it was quite close last time to erupting and according to the various Belarus journalists who comment on Ukraine he is hanging by a thread and that is part of the reason he will never enter the fight with Ukraine as he wouldn’t keep power.

It would be bloody but if he tries to steal another election I certainly think their is a change 2014 in Ukraine could repeat itself.
He'll cheat and win as usual.

Back