Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

I was amazed and saddened recently to see how much propaganda can fuck people up.

At the start of this conflict, my mum, who used to be such a kind hearted soul, was collecting money and food for Ukrainian families, A few weeks ago, she started going on about how Zelensky was a selfish war monger etc etc. It was heartbreaking
for this to end, there has to be negotiations. the 2 have to speak to each other.

Zalensky a failed TV star whey out of his depth in the deep end.
He should team up with the Curds

I don’t agree with your (strangely protein related) opinion BUT …. If he is so far out of his depth, doesn’t it make it even more embarrassing for your lot that this 3 day military exercise is still in full swing?
just beat me to it.

I don’t agree with your (strangely protein related) opinion BUT …. If he is so far out of his depth, doesn’t it make it even more embarrassing for your lot that this 3 day military exercise is still in full swing?
Actually, talking about opinions @raindog you appear from your posting history, to have an opinion on nearly everything ….. apart from football. How the fuck did you end up polluting this board?

for this to end, there has to be negotiations. the 2 have to speak to each other.
I'm not sure how that connects with what I said to be fair, but this is the only way to end any war surely?

However if a country invades your country without any provocation, compromise wouldn't be my first action when negotiating

If you are bullied and every time you crumble and relent, you just keep getting bullied

Always (darkly) fascinated by this daily update - bizarrely the 870 deaths doesn't really register any more - but 11 tanks stands out like a sore thumb - must be a story behind that
Can you imagine the losses if the Ukranian Spring offensive is successful.

I was amazed and saddened recently to see how much propaganda can fuck people up.

At the start of this conflict, my mum, who used to be such a kind hearted soul, was collecting money and food for Ukrainian families, A few weeks ago, she started going on about how Zelensky was a selfish war monger etc etc. It was heartbreaking

My old mam said be a Putin fan
I said....

True.

The current expert view appears to identify the Ivan offensive having already started.

Putin would appear to have decided he couldn't risk waiting any longer as the AFU would soon be re-armed and there would be a mismatch.

A headlong charge and then sue for peace is the best assessment of the current Ivan antics

It seems that AFU will need to continue their blocking and withdrawal tactics until the new equipment can be deployed and hope to drive them out.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near those front lines at the minute as it must be like a modern day WW1 scene

Slava Ukraini

I hope you challenged her and asked where she got her information from?

Old people are far more gullible about believing what they read. My Mam in about 2014 used to hate the EU and say things like Jean Claude Juncker wants to break England up into regions like Northumberland, Mercia, Wessex, etc. In 2014 I was pretty much non political so had never heard of him but I'd tell her that can't be true and the next time she visited she would bring her "evidence" in the form of an article in the Daily Mail or Daily Express. If it was in the paper it must be true according to her.

On the other end of the spectrum my 12yo daughter seen some Air Jordan's online for £100 and they normally retail for £300. She asked if she could have a pair and I said for that price you can have two pairs. She came back 15 mins later and told me not to bother as the company had a terrible rating on Trustpilot.

That's a good example that the young are sceptical about what information they get whereas the old are more likely to believe what they read from "trusted" sources.

I'm not sure how that connects with what I said to be fair, but this is the only way to end any war surely?

However if a country invades your country without any provocation, compromise wouldn't be my first action when negotiating

If you are bullied and every time you crumble and relent, you just keep getting bullied

no criticism of what you posted at all.

I was thinking of what your mother was seeing. (an assumption I know). Is it she sees a country that has been invaded by a bully neighbour. Ukraine then fights back instead of just giving up. Ukraine is supported by the west with help for its fleeing citizens and weapons to fight back. does she hear reports that russia wants to discuss a ceasefire. Ukrain refuses until russia leaves. Is it the fact that ukrain is refusing to negotiate with russia, yet we still see russia and ukraine killing more and more.

now of course I dont know what your mothers thoughts are but I am trying to think of her logic. has she changed or is she a compassionate person, who wants to help those who are in trouble and does not like those who are causing the problem.

if for example ukraine gave up a small part of the east, to appease. I do not think for one minute that russia would invade again. russia has lost all credibility within world standings.

on the other hand, they have walked about swaggering and allegedly killing individuals. they invaded georgia, backed a syrian regime with force and of course annexed crimea.

problem is, that russia does have the nuclear option. nobody knows if they will use it or not

Back