Running thread 2024

Anyone doing London at weekend?
Butterflies are building in my stomach now 🤢
Enjoy it. I ran it 3 years ago and I have never experienced anything like the atmosphere around cutty sark.

Just don't go and see a show on the evening - my wife had booked to see six the musical on the evening.

Those Victorian seats weren't built for someone who had just ran 26 miles.

Enjoy it. I ran it 3 years ago and I have never experienced anything like the atmosphere around cutty sark.

Just don't go and see a show on the evening - my wife had booked to see six the musical on the evening.

Those Victorian seats weren't built for someone who had just ran 26 miles.
Thanks mate, no shows for me on the Sunday. I haven’t been drunk since New Years Eve so I’m getting smashed on Sunday afternoon 😀

Good luck all doing the London marathon tomorrow, I’m gonna have a crack after my 2nd half marathon tomorrow and the thought of doing it twice knocks me ill :lol:

Snap, my brother in law is there now and collected mine. Couldn’t be chewed with that on Saturday.

Good luck 🤞🏻
Good luck to you too
Good luck! Hope you do a better job than me in managing to get pissed, I managed 4 pints after Manchester on Sunday :lol:
That Erdinger Alkoholfrei they give you at the end is nee good for getting pissed like 😉
Good luck all doing the London marathon tomorrow, I’m gonna have a crack after my 2nd half marathon tomorrow and the thought of doing it twice knocks me ill :lol:
😲😲😲😲

Last edited:
Nah nowhere near those times you posted. I’m going to try and bring my half marathon down to 1-45 this year and sub 1-40 next. I’d be delighted with a sub 4 hour marathon time/just finishing what would be my first one
On that case, unless your in a position to raise over 2k for charity you're better applying every year instead of hanging on. I think it's currently around a 1 in 25 chance in the ballot now

:lol:
It’s been the bedrock of my matchdays to keep me off the proper stuff. Can’t say I was overjoyed to be presented with a can of it at the end.

Both my Manchester marathons were so warm that the Erdinger was warm as well by the time I finished but I was so dehydrated I'd have probably guzzled my own piss by that point.

I finished couch to 5k yesterday, going to keep doing the last week for a bit and then try and progress to running for longer
Very well done. Keep it up.
Jubilee parkrun for me this morning. Nice and steady before a long run tomorrow.

Back