Running thread 2024

I'm going to give it a go, if it's anything like the parkrun you will think it's going to be easy then your legs are burning 2k in.

Enjoyed the Sand Dancer 10K like. The heat hit me on the second loop of the cliffs so felt like I was going to internally combust 😂

Good race though. Well done everyone today that’s done it
I found it hard work, but I find the Park Run there hard work. The gravel, grass and hills just saps your legs. Given that I could not find any energy to kick on at the end I was happy with my time.

I found it hard work, but I find the Park Run there hard work. The gravel, grass and hills just saps your legs. Given that I could not find any energy to kick on at the end I was happy with my time.
Yeah it’s never a PB route. Managed to get just over an hour which I’m pleased with considering the route

I've never ran it but might do next year. Can't be as energy sapping as coming off the beach onto there at the start of the Pier to pier?

Finally in bed after Manchester today, not a clue who thinks marathon’s are a good idea :lol:.
Official time of 4:28:22. Wanted sub 4 hours and was on course at 30k but it all went south from there. Starting to think i’m just not cut out for event for the big events!
Well done on all the training and completing today. Sometimes it's not the right day for our 'a' goal but you can be proud to finish when the going got tough 👏👏👏👏. Enjoy some well deserved rest.

Back