Running thread 2023

Done my two laps, so about 10.5km done.

Was tough going - was about 90 seconds away for a personal 10k pb mind, which I'll take considering the mud, wind and the fact my chest is absolutely f*cked.

One of the friendliest runs I've done mind, really nice people chatting and asking after you all the way around. Very good atmosphere to it.

Last edited:
Well done you Saturn runners (and other runs). I've heard nothing but good about these events. Will try a Durham one some time.

Well done you Saturn runners (and other runs). I've heard nothing but good about these events. Will try a Durham one some time.
It was a really good event, the route was well signposted (me and my mate missed one turning and ended up in the mud, but that was our fault.
Medal is canny and most importantly, loads of snacks available at the end of each lap.

Didn't get out on Sunday, but week prior I managed a 41 minute 8k @ 80% of maximum AVG heart rate.

Then this evening, I just modified my threshold conditioning work after the rest of my technical training and got some running in, even if on the treadmill. At 1.5 incline, I did the following:

3 min @ 12.5kmh
2 min @ 15kmh
1 min @ 16.5kmh

2 min rest

Repeat x 3

Hit 99% of max heart rate on the one. Felt great to finish off a session with that.

on december 17th I jogged 4 miles, on the 19th I did 6.35, today I’ve just done 10 miles.

Quite pleased with that seeing as the last time I did over 5k was June 2021
Well done you. I'm no expert but The only thing I would caution is increasing your mileage too quickly increases your risk if injury. Think the advice is either. 10/20% (can't remember which) on your longest run each week. Great progress though. Give yourself rest tomorrow after those 10 miles.

Back