Running thread 2023

Get fitness back. Lose a stone or two and do well in the runs I have. Would love to beat 4 hours in Manchester but don't know how realistic that is just yet. Get through Leeds as heard it may be a challenging course.

Not entered anythelse else just yet due to financial issues but hope to do usual runs, enjoy them and the company of those I'll run with.

Hope there's many pb's for you all this year.

2 hour GnR for me and 5k and 10k pbs (want the 10k to about 55 mins at least)
Tying this in with strength training just to try to minimalise niggles like cramp ha

1st run done tonight. A slow 10k but it's a start. Been watching a lot of kipchoge interviews and he talks of incremental improvements. Think that's what to look for initially and see if they snowball.

Think I managed most of the goals I set for 2022.
For this year
Run further than 2022
Set PB in 5k, 10k and HM
Get fit and lose a few Clem along the way.

Only have Sunderland HM booked in so far
Gonna try enter the GNR (even though I've vowed in the past to never do it again due to it being too crowded).
I did it once years ago and vowed never to do it again.

Seems just a money making racket now. £60 or something now isn't it? No thanks.
Rather do the Sunderland HM for half the price

Last edited:
I lost three stone last year starting in April. From 17s 7lbs to 14s 4lbs on NYE.

My happy weight will be 13st.

Run a Marathon - Later on in the year though

Break 1:44 for a half marathon - Current PB is 1:48

Break 44 mins for 10k - Current PB 47 mins

Run at least 50 miles a month.

Got plenty other goals but those are the main ones.

My son on a whim applied for a place in the London Marathon and got in. He must have been the only person in the ballot actually hoping he didn't. He wasn't even 18 at the time. Anyway he's in. My aim is to help him train to get round that. I have done him a plan and we are running together 4 times a week.

I am doing the Edinburgh marathon this year. My aims have changed since I entered. I don't time any of my runs and I measure routes before I go. I don't wear a watch or a GPS. I would like to run the whole distance, no walking in that last 10K. Secondly I would like to get to the end and be able to honestly say I gave it the lot. No excuses. I think if I could do that I would be content and whatever time I managed I would know that was all I could do.

My son on a whim applied for a place in the London Marathon and got in. He must have been the only person in the ballot actually hoping he didn't. He wasn't even 18 at the time. Anyway he's in. My aim is to help him train to get round that. I have done him a plan and we are running together 4 times a week.

I am doing the Edinburgh marathon this year. My aims have changed since I entered. I don't time any of my runs and I measure routes before I go. I don't wear a watch or a GPS. I would like to run the whole distance, no walking in that last 10K. Secondly I would like to get to the end and be able to honestly say I gave it the lot. No excuses. I think if I could do that I would be content and whatever time I managed I would know that was all I could do.
Why not use a GPS?

I'm just about holding on to fitness at the moment, and relocating to Dallas next week. Once I get there and settled I am going to set some goals, but i'd like to do an ultra in Colorado mountains or somewhere with extreme heat...just something hard and challenging that motivates me. Other goals I will figure out in a few weeks. Training will be difficult as there is just city everywhere and much harder to drive to any hills.

2022 was a great year for me, let's see what this year brings..

Last edited:

Back