Running thread 2023

Every route I do at the minute seems to have unavoidable puddles/ mud like. Doing my head in. :lol:
Yeah, I don't generally mind puddles like (actually think it's quite good fun splashing through them). But obviously very slippy/wet mud is nee good, but cest la vie.

Tbh in my head I thought the top walkways at Country Park were all path so would be fine, but I've obviously misremembered as they were a mess last week.

Oh I'm doing that ... although probs alot slower than you 🤣.
Everyone who I know whose done it says it's one of the best. It will be my second.
Oh you won’t be slower than me mate, ran about half a dozen times this year. A good few stone overweight atm

Will be my second too, although my first wasn’t an event, got sick of waiting for kielder dark skies so just ran one with a mate round kielder

Got a bit of a shock with my liver health so decided I need to stop the boozing, sign up to something that will give me focus

Last edited:
Oh you won’t be slower than me mate, ran about half a dozen times this year. A good few stone overweight atm

Will be my second too, although my first wasn’t an event, got sick of waiting for kielder dark skies so just ran one with a mate round kielder

Got a bit of a shock with my liver health so decided I need to stop the boozing, sign up to something that will give me focus
What made you get your liver checked out Ross?
Is this one round herra country park? It'll be puddles all ower the place, some of the paths are proper waterlogged anarl
Great.

I’ve got a manky finger nail, I wanted medication off the doctor but it can be harmful to your liver so they do a blood test before giving you it
What did they think the cause was? Not being nosey but just didn't have you down as a particularly heavy drinker. Did they give any other possible reasons? Got a text to say I was in line for a routine medical exam but it's impossible to book an appointment for one at our doctor's.

What did they think the cause was? Not being nosey but just didn't have you down as a particularly heavy drinker. Did they give any other possible reasons? Got a text to say I was in line for a routine medical exam but it's impossible to book an appointment for one at our doctor's.
Im an incredibly heavy drinker mate, to the point of it being a bit of a worry for myself lately, so a teetotal break will do me some good to reset my relationship with alcohol. Been trips to Hong Kong, Belfast and London in the last month or so which were all heavy. Belfast, the lads reckon is did 60-70 pints in 3 days, London was a heavy one with monkeytassle. I can easily go through 15 pints, bottle of wine and a bottle of spirits on a weekend.

I’m 99% sure it’s the booze but could be Hep A or cancer too

Im an incredibly heavy drinker mate, to the point of it being a bit of a worry for myself lately, so a teetotal break will do me some good to reset my relationship with alcohol. Been trips to Hong Kong, Belfast and London in the last month or so which were all heavy. Belfast, the lads reckon is did 60-70 pints in 3 days, London was a heavy one with monkeytassle. I can easily go through 15 pints, bottle of wine and a bottle of spirits on a weekend.

I’m 99% sure it’s the booze but could be Hep A or cancer too
It's a hard one when both work and social life revolves around drinking so much like. Best of luck with it. Not the best time of year to cut back mind. :lol:

I could do with doing similar truth be told.

It's a hard one when both work and social life revolves around drinking so much like. Best of luck with it. Not the best time of year to cut back mind. :lol:

I could do with doing similar truth be told.
Aye it’s a crap time of year for it but if I can do it now I can do it anytime, I’m most gutted about the mags match. Half tempted to go till my 40th in May

5k more than you did yesterday, last week etc I'm guessing by your posts . keep going but don't rush. From what you've said it sounds like you've got a good reason/motivation to do this.
Slow and steady wins the race as they say

Managed to get my first run under my belt since recovering from my operation. 2.15 very steady miles at just over 18 minutes. It felt better today than I was expecting and my engine felt ok. Baby steps to start with but hopefully I'll be back to full fitness before I know it.

Back