Running thread 2022

Be very wary of over-training as well. You might feel okay without any muscle soreness or anything then bam it wipes the floor with you. I’ve had it once before. You can end up with an over-active thyroid or something, which in turn stops you from getting asleep or staying asleep.
Cheers mate, appreciate the advice. I'm clueless when it comes to running training though a good few of my mates are into it so just want to get to a certain distance and start with them

Cheers mate, appreciate the advice. I'm clueless when it comes to running training though a good few of my mates are into it so just want to get to a certain distance and start with them
Could you ask them to go running with you? They'll know when to gradually increase distance and pace?

What are your goals for this year?

Last year I managed a sub 3 hour marathon, this year my target is sub 2:50.
Last year I managed a pb sub 11 lakeland 50, the conditions were tough so I'll be having another crack at sub 10 hours lakeland 50.
Set personal bests in every race.

Happy running 🏃‍♀️ 🏃‍♂️
Signed up for my 1st Marathon, doing the Kielder one. I'll target 4hrs but will be please with anything under 4:30hrs. Need to get a plan in place...

Really stagnated and gone back since labral hip injury 2 1/2 years ago when at a point I felt I was slowly and surely getting better. Joined Strollers to get running in a group again and push on. Had a couple of stronger/more enjoyable runs turn of the year then got COVID.

Out of isolation Weds and absolutely determined to push on this year and achieve my ambition of running 100m. Going to do more races too, not with any time goals in mind just to push myself as much as I can.

One thing I'm toying with is attempting a from home 'backyard ultra' and 24 hours of a 4.1 mile loop on the hour every hour and raising a bit of money for charity.

Back