Running thread 2022

Average pace was 6:27/km. 10k pace is normally between 5:20 and 5:30.
It was a fairly hilly route not helped by the snow so i’m hoping it’s just down to that.

Your 10k pace is about the same as mine and I averaged 7:00/km yesterday. If you’re going for PB’s or whatever then going harder is good, but if it’s part of a longer plan then long runs should be really easy.

I’m not a coach but I’d suggest slowing it down to maybe 6:45/km. Everything is personal to you, but you should be in Z2 for a training run like that.

Struggled yesterday as, even down sea front it was icy. Managed to get 5 miles in but didn't feel most of it was very safe and went slower so I didn't end up on my arse
Happy it seems to have gone this morning. Hopefully get a 10k in tonight and make up for lost running last week over next few weeks.

Spennymoor was fine. They'd gritted the path bit, obviously the grassy parts were muddy. Spenny pb by 2secs 🤣 but still can't get under 31mins there 31m 07....it's getting closer though🤣. Merry Xmas everyone.

Did Shields park run today, weather and conditions fine. Few puddles on the gravel path part. Third 5k I've done since Monday so struggled at the beginning. Nice last 1.5k though in just over 9 minutes.

Might walk the Herrington one tomorrow if I'm in bed early tonight.

Bit chilly at A19 Chester Road junction this afternoon. Bloody wind and rain hit just as I was about to come down hill and improve pace. Managed 8 miles but slowly, got a few runs in over Christmas and increasing them in next week. Training for Manchester and Leeds starts here :cool:

Today my task is to finalise my marathon plan for April. I'm floored at the minute with a cold....could be from doing a 10km on Tuesday and wasn't expecting it to be so cold so didn't dress warm enough - lesson learnt

Bit chilly at A19 Chester Road junction this afternoon. Bloody wind and rain hit just as I was about to come down hill and improve pace. Managed 8 miles but slowly, got a few runs in over Christmas and increasing them in next week. Training for Manchester and Leeds starts here :cool:

Good luck mate! I did 18 mile on Christmas Eve and gave myself tendinitis in my knee and I’m full of cold as well!😩

Good luck mate! I did 18 mile on Christmas Eve and gave myself tendinitis in my knee and I’m full of cold as well!😩
Sounds nasty. Hopefully your better soon. I enjoy the cold, just don't like running into any breeze :(
Managed a grand total of 2 runs in December. Had that lurgy that's been going around. Half marathon training starts next week
You'll be back at previous levels before you know it. May see you at Sunderland Half. Need something to keep me moving in between marathons and think its a week before Leeds.

Sounds nasty. Hopefully your better soon. I enjoy the cold, just don't like running into any breeze :(

You'll be back at previous levels before you know it. May see you at Sunderland Half. Need something to keep me moving in between marathons and think its a week before Leeds.
I'm hoping to do some proper training for it this time round instead of just relying on a couple 10k per week

I'm similar. Love the cold and the rain, just not wind. Planning 7 miles tomorrow to see year out. Nice route down to Picktree and back via Fatfield.

Aye I’m not very aero like. Tbh, the hills kill me more than anything. I desperately need to shift some weight, I’m 90kg (probably 95 after Christmas). My 18 miler was from our lasses in Castletown along the line to birtley, up to Chester park and did park run. About as flat as you’ll get for that distance.

Aye I’m not very aero like. Tbh, the hills kill me more than anything. I desperately need to shift some weight, I’m 90kg (probably 95 after Christmas). My 18 miler was from our lasses in Castletown along the line to birtley, up to Chester park and did park run. About as flat as you’ll get for that distance.
Gotta drop car off for MOT next month. Will run back from Wessington way to Shiney. Not flat but gets miles in. 18 Miles is impressive no matter the course. Not looking forward to those distances but will have to do them. Didn't train at all for York and scraped in under 5 hours. I'm going to look at diet and train like never before as want a decent time for next marathon distance.

Back