Running thread 2022

Done the Sunderland 10k today, fourth Sunday in a row I’ve done a 10k and easily my best performance. Not quite a PB unfortunately but very close and my best performance in ages - a nice confidence boost as feel I’ve been treading water a bit lately so was pleased.

Great race, nice route and great organisation again, fair play to them. Shattered tonight like, much more so than I normally am after a 10k, you’d think I’d ran the half the way I’m feeling.

Done the Sunderland 10k today, fourth Sunday in a row I’ve done a 10k and easily my best performance. Not quite a PB unfortunately but very close and my best performance in ages - a nice confidence boost as feel I’ve been treading water a bit lately so was pleased.

Great race, nice route and great organisation again, fair play to them. Shattered tonight like, much more so than I normally am after a 10k, you’d think I’d ran the half the way I’m feeling.
Recovery is just as important as training. Well done, take a few days off.

I got home and spent 4 hours painting the fence :confused:.

Was hoping to do my first sub 30 minute park run today. Had to stop to fasten both shoelaces at different points and help some woman who fell over as I was overtaking her (not that I'm complaining about that mind). Still didn't manage it but would have been my fastest ever and close.

I did my second park run this morning - Northallerton). Shaved well over 2mins off last week's time and did 35:08. It was hot and mostly grass so I did find it hard going. I'm potentially aiming to increase my distance for runs later in the year. Am thinking about great Noth 10k and then perhaps a half marathon attempt later in the year. I looked at Redcar but there's only 1000 entries so I'm thinking they will all be pretty good runners there and i need more a 'fun run' event for my speed(or lack of). Can anyone offer any suggestions on early autumn half marathons I could have a look at if the running keeps going well.

Last edited:
I did my second park run this morning - Northallerton). Shaved well over 2mins off last week's time and did 35:08. It was hot and mostly grass so I did find it hard going. I'm potentially aiming to increase my distance for runs later in the year. Am thinking about great Noth 10k and then perhaps a half marathon attempt later in the year. I looked at Redcar but there's only 1000 entries so I'm thinking they will all be pretty good runners there and i need more a 'fun run' event for my speed(or lack of). Can anyone offer any suggestions on early autumn half marathons I could have a look at if the running keeps going well.
Redcar will be absolutely fine, do it.

Really mixed field at Redcar, wouldn’t worry about it. Check last years results if you want some assurance.
It’s a decent run, v flat obvs.
Course was long last year though. Most ran nearly 13.5mile. Hopefully they sort that out this year

Anyone doing pier to pier tomorrow?
One of my favourite races on the calendar

Great to see it back

Last edited:
Really mixed field at Redcar, wouldn’t worry about it. Check last years results if you want some assurance.
It’s a decent run, v flat obvs.
Course was long last year though. Most ran nearly 13.5mile. Hopefully they sort that out this year

Anyone doing pier to pier tomorrow?
One of my favourite races on the calendar

Great to see it back
No but I should be helping at the end. My fitness is abysmal atm. .

Back