Running thread 2021

I have a salomon 5 as well, would suggest checking decathlon though a lot of people seem to really like their vests and they a bit cheaper for supposedly similar quality.
Probably but I'm an absolute tart when it comes to kit. Getting the 12 as it gives a bit more versatility (and future proofness when I do that Hardmoors 110 next year).

Endure 24 Leeds this weekend with no training. Only thing I've done all year was the Lakesman half a week ago with a very warm 2:12 half marathon. I was ready last year but lost motivation and piled on 2 clem. What doesn't kill me..... etc. Aiming for 100km
I'm doing it too. I think I'll suffer after lakesman, 100 miles is my aim.

Chevy Chase Saturday, this will be the 4th time I have done it...... bit of a plod/walk round for me watching in awe of the proper fell runners bombing down the cheviot whilst I saunter down like bambi on ice.

Chevy Chase Saturday, this will be the 4th time I have done it...... bit of a plod/walk round for me watching in awe of the proper fell runners bombing down the cheviot whilst I saunter down like bambi on ice.
Insane race, red hot the two times I've done it. Good luck.

Alot of PBs being mentioned in the Sunderland 5k / 10k / Half.

I wonder if a lot of that is down to people having nothing to do but run for nearly 18 months?

As I mentioned above, I have what I believe to be as metatarsalgia in my foot and it's brought my mileage and runs right down, after averaging 100m+ months until around March / April. I really thought the 10k would be around 55 mins for me but surprised myself at how well I managed. (Conditions helped also)
That's what finished my short running career and then even Tri's and Duathlon's and saw me turn full time to cycling.
Tried various Podiatrists and shoe inserts etc none of which helped ( got a short first metatarsal apparently)

Miss running for convenience but not for hammer on body.

That's what finished my short running career and then even Tri's and Duathlon's and saw me turn full time to cycling.
Tried various Podiatrists and shoe inserts etc none of which helped ( got a short first metatarsal apparently)

Miss running for convenience but not for hammer on body.

Oh no ...

Currently in isolation, I've done a 5k round the garden and a 10k on the tiny 'field' at the front of the house.

It's absolutely and utterly awful 😂😫

Think I'm going to do the Saturn 'Chamber of Runs' at Druridge Bay on July 31st. 7 Hours to do as many 6.6m loops as you want/can. Then Round Ripon in the Autumn.

Did the Pennine Barrier 50 a few weeks ago and although pleased I finished after the injuries of the last couple of years it certainly could've gone better. Thinking of doing it next year and would like to shave around 90 mins off. Need to learn how to run downhills on that rocky terrain better.

I knar! My first half marathon distance since I plodded around the gnr about 15 yrs ago.
Only started running regularly about 18 month or so ago, so I was pleased I got around Penshaw in under 3hrs. Lovely route though, apart from the hills

its beautiful yeah, I walk round there quite a lot, feels like the middle of nowhere.

Back