Running thread 2021

Been trying to keep up two hours a day since last August and have lost two stone and been feeling great.
But last night I had real shooting pains in my left foot arches..waking me up ...still hurting now.
What should I do? Rest? New trainers?
really annoying

Struggled the last couple of weeks & months for motivation, but really enjoyed 10 miles in Northumberland today over the Cheviot. I'm going to enjoy running shorter runs over peaks in the lakes / hills through summer with a few challenging races in late summer & autumn.

10k race today at the cycle track in Acklam, Boro. Ran 33:44, happy with that for now. Be looking to push under 33 if possible later this summer
Feel like my baseline fitness has returned

Some lass ran 31:41😳
What's your pb?

Unbelievable by that lass, must be a pro.

Less than 8 weeks til the Penshaw HM.
Best get my arse in gear, and back out.

Just signed up for the gateshead trail 10km in August, looks a canny route
Looking forward to Penshaw HM! I have the Sunderland City 5k the evening before and want to go max out on that - not sure how I will feel the morning after but will just look to enjoy it. I run along those trails a few times a week, class place to run.

Back to Northumberland hills on Sunday, week in the lakes Monday-Friday w/c 17th May. CTS event along Northumberland Coast at the end of May, and then 5th June Ullswater Way race...that's the first one I want to target for a big effort this year.

Last edited:
I'm still shuffling along a week later!

Here's a question.
When do you find is your best time of day to go for a run?
I've been going in the morning after I've dropped Mini-K off at nursery and I do ok, but then I'm frigged.
I've been in an evening too and that's ok, but I'm convinced I still stay sat down far too long in a day so that probably doesn't help either.

Looking forward to Penshaw HM! I have the Sunderland City 5k the evening before and want to go max out on that - not sure how I will feel the morning after but will just look to enjoy it. I run along those trails a few times a week, class place to run.

Back to Northumberland hills on Sunday, week in the lakes Monday-Friday w/c 17th May. CTS event along Northumberland Coast at the end of May, and then 5th June Ullswater Way race...that's the first one I want to target for a big effort this year.
Yeah I love getting down the river behind the monument. Not been out much this last couple month due to my calf.
I was considering doing the 5km the day before the half. But I think I'd be pushing myself too much, only ever done half distance once before and that was about 14 year ago.
Think I'll try and do the penshaw half route next month ahead of the race.

Here's a question.
I've been going in the morning after I've dropped Mini-K off at nursery and I do ok, but then I'm frigged.
I've been in an evening too and that's ok, but I'm convinced I still stay sat down far too long in a day so that probably doesn't help either.
Some mornings I can feel great, but others I wish I had stayed in bed. Likewise on an evening, if I'm starving I'm no good.

Last edited:
I like to do stuff before breakfast. Always find my body is more neutral. Probably not an option for you.

Plodded a 6km run the other night and felt shite doing 6min/km, went for a warm up jog yesterday round the block before a bodyweight workout and did almost 2km at 5min/km without realising. Bodies are weird.

Thinking of getting a pair of these, what do you reckon @D.A ? - Trail 3

Here's a question.

Depends on what you mean by best. I'm quicker on an evening but I enjoy a pre-breakfast run more.

I like to do stuff before breakfast. Always find my body is more neutral. Probably not an option for you.

Plodded a 6km run the other night and felt shite doing 6min/km, went for a warm up jog yesterday round the block before a bodyweight workout and did almost 2km at 5min/km without realising. Bodies are weird.

Thinking of getting a pair of these, what do you reckon @D.A ? - Trail 3
They are amazing 👏😍

Back