Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Started using a muscle gun. Jesus christ.

On another note going to be very alert running today. In fact, I'm going to be like an alert ninja.

is it bad form putting 'moving time' down for these virtual runs rather than 'elapsed time'?
Should be elapsed time really. Eliminates any questions about pausing and restarting.

It’s a big issue on Strava Wankers Twitter. They’ve been finding people claiming PB’s where they’ve stopped for ages and then claimed the moving time.

I've had a week of because my hamstrings felt really tight. Going to get out for a slow 5k tomorrow to see if they're OK.
Started using a muscle gun. Jesus christ.

On another note going to be very alert running today. In fact, I'm going to be like an alert ninja.

Jesus Christ in a good way? I quite fancy one.

Last edited:
Should be elapsed time really. Eliminates any questions about pausing and restarting.

It’s a big issue on Strava Wankers Twitter. They’ve been finding people claiming PB’s where they’ve stopped for ages and then claimed the moving time.
I know someone who just dipped into sub 2 hours on moving time and submitted that time. But you can see he stopped his watch for nearly 2 minutes at 12 miles. 🤷‍♂️ I just don't get it. Especially such a milestone. You know you haven't really done it.

Yer I follow Strava wankers too.

Hurts like a twat but it is making a difference. Only had it since Friday.
I did my hamstring running down a bank at full pelt for 800m and it took weeks to recover properly, I cannot find what you’s are charting about heat but at a guess a foam roller, the pain is half the joy I’m going to pull mine out later(foam roller) as it’s been away when I’ve had 2 month of injury, did 5k yesterday to test my ankle ligaments and there a little sore now so maybe a few more days rest and ice and I will be good to go
Elapsed, moving could mean you stopped and had a 5 minute breather. Few try it on tho to look better.
Only time I get elapsed time is furniture session, 1m effort 3mins rest etc, times are not worth looking at when elapsed time is playing a part

Last edited:
I did my hamstring running down a bank at full pelt for 800m and it took weeks to recover properly, I cannot find what you’s are charting about heat but at a guess a foam roller, the pain is half the joy I’m going to pull mine out later(foam roller) as it’s been away when I’ve had 2 month of injury, did 5k yesterday to test my ankle ligaments and there a little sore now so maybe a few more days rest and ice and I will be good to go

Only time I get elapsed time is furniture session, 1m effort 3mins rest etc, times are not worth looking at when elapsed time is playing a part
Have always used a roller but this gun is something else. Much better.

Not sure what you mean but I am talking about submitting times for virtual races or people saying they did a 10k in 35 minutes , when their elapsed time might show it truly as 40 minutes.

Boris is on now saying there is no limit to how far you can drive to exercise - don't feel it's within the spirit of the law but has sparked my interest in driving down and back to Ullswater for a run this weekend.

Not sure what you mean but I am talking about submitting times for virtual races or people saying they did a 10k in 35 minutes , when their elapsed time might show it truly as 40 minutes.
I was saying I will only have a elapsed time longer than my actual moving time when I am doing a session, day 3x1m and rest between, anyone posting a 5k like that saying it’s a pb is just crazy, if you rest that is not your run time, so I agree with you

Downloaded Scott Jureks “Eat and Run” book as I left the house today, loosely set out for 10 miles but ended up doing a half.

Wind had died down, perfect conditions.

In theme of the thread, moving time 1:46 and elapsed 1:50. Quite happy with 1:50 anyway for a training run

Boris is on now saying there is no limit to how far you can drive to exercise - don't feel it's within the spirit of the law but has sparked my interest in driving down and back to Ullswater for a run this weekend.
I wonder what the Cumbrian authorities thoughts are!?

Knee is balsed again, not even from running but just from doing DIY all weekend. Bit frustrating but I'm going to have to just take the hit and be patient for it to get better. Falling into a bit of a running slump lately but will keep cracking on.
Downloaded Scott Jureks “Eat and Run” book as I left the house today, loosely set out for 10 miles but ended up doing a half.

Wind had died down, perfect conditions.

In theme of the thread, moving time 1:46 and elapsed 1:50. Quite happy with 1:50 anyway for a training run

I'd also recommend Born to Run, Running with the Kenyans and Endure. First two are very popular like so might be telling you what you already know...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back