Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah it’s closed, I live more or less opposite Fram secondary school so used that as an alternative.
Are the gates always open? Completely forgot about there!
Need to get back into next week or I’ll go from marathon “ready” to struggling with a 5k fairly rapidly. 2 weeks since I ran

Are the gates always open? Completely forgot about there!
Need to get back into next week or I’ll go from marathon “ready” to struggling with a 5k fairly rapidly. 2 weeks since I ran

The main gates are bolted as it’s not pedestrian access anyway but as you walk down towards the traffic lights there’s an opening that’s never locked aye, outside of school hours it’s free to use.

Not the greatest track in the world but does the job.

And aye, get back at it ASAP, no good letting all that graft go to waste!

Don't know if anyone is interested but Nike have 25% off the Sales prices with the code EXTRA2020 - Just bought a couple of pairs of Pegasus 36 for £46 each, these are usually £107. I wear Nike normally so this is great for me.

Reactions: D.A
After the closure of the gyms and in the absence of being able to get my hands on any f***ing weights anywhere, I’ve started running again.

I was right into it about 5 years ago and went from not being able to run to the end of the street to doing a 48-minute 10k in the Tees Pride race.

I’ve started off where I started before by downloading the C25K app. I’ve not done a single piece of cardio since July/August last year. I reckon I could have started with something a bit more challenging but I’m going to go down this route to ease myself back in.

Currently looking for some proper running shoes online cos I chucked my other ones away a while back.

Don't know if anyone is interested but Nike have 25% off the Sales prices with the code EXTRA2020 - Just bought a couple of pairs of Pegasus 36 for £46 each, these are usually £107. I wear Nike normally so this is great for me.

What are the fit like on these mate? I’ve got reasonably wide feet.

I hope not! Why?
Could’ve sworn a Mag at work told me a while back he was trying to buy it. You runners will know better though.

I’ve been looking on their website for running shoes that’s all. Without wanting to get into any debate on the subject, if he had bought them i think I’d rather spend my money elsewhere. Especially after his recent shenanigans surrounding Coronavirus too.

Could’ve sworn a Mag at work told me a while back he was trying to buy it. You runners will know better though.

I’ve been looking on their website for running shoes that’s all. Without wanting to get into any debate on the subject, if he had bought them i think I’d rather spend my money elsewhere. Especially after his recent shenanigans surrounding Coronavirus too.
Ah I've heard nowt. Warehouse up cramlington still. Get yourself on the Brooks website, they do a test to see what type of trainer you need.

Ah I've heard nowt. Warehouse up cramlington still. Get yourself on the Brooks website, they do a test to see what type of trainer you need.
I had my gait checked last time I was running and I bought neutral trainers. In the absence of any shops being open I might just order a few pairs and try them on in the house then send the unwanted ones back. I’ll check that website out, cheers.

Reactions: D.A
I've been getting around Fulwell quarry for my shorter runs recently, it's a really good secluded spot for trail running and has plenty of flats & hills...going to make use of it a lot over the summer.

First 10km run in probably about a year this week, did it in around 52 min which I'm pleased with. Went on my government issued annual exercise today and did 5km in 23:38 around my usual Parkrun, which would have been a PB.

You’d be an ideal training partner for me just now if that was allowed, well done mate.

You’d be an ideal training partner for me just now if that was allowed, well done mate.

In fairness the encouragement and expertise from runners on here has helped a lot! It definitely means my enthusiasm hasn't waned. For what it's worth, I think doing strength exercises 3-4 times a week, with a lot of squats, has made a big difference. It might be useful for others too.

Have you got any goals in mind at the minute? Difficult to know whether to set any with everything going on.

Last edited:
In fairness the encouragement and expertise from runners on here has helped a lot! It definitely means my enthusiasm hasn't waned. For what it's worth, I think doing strength exercises 3-4 times a week, with a lot of squats, has helped me a lot. It might be useful for others too.

Have you got any goals in mind at the minute? Difficult to know whether to set any with everything going on.

I’m ignoring the outside world and continuing with a training plan for a half marathon, I had a week with my dummy out so it won’t be done till 17th May (was meant to be for the 10th for Sunderland half) but I’ll be running half marathon distance that day for hopefully a PB.

I do a load of squats and resistant band work too, the niggles I seemed to get before aren’t present now.

I’m ignoring the outside world and continuing with a training plan for a half marathon, I had a week with my dummy out so it won’t be done till 17th May (was meant to be for the 10th for Sunderland half) but I’ll be running half marathon distance that day for hopefully a PB.

I do a load of squats and resistant band work too, the niggles I seemed to get before aren’t present now.

Nice one, judging by here you're definitely putting the graft in. Hope you let us know how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back