Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

What more help do you need help with? Can you remember what I said months ago?

I've spoken to you on 20th november and 3rd January regarding running.
If someone has been talking about doing something for 4 months and hasn't taken a first step towards it then it's on them. I'd like to offer you some advice and help etc @chopsfc007 but until you actually do something about it what is the point? For centuries people have ran and none of them needed apps to get started. Get a pair of trainers and see how you go trying to run for up to 30 minutes, take breaks and walk if you need to - remember where you went & how it felt and then we can start to help from there with how to improve.

I appear to have lost the plot with training. Basically stopped running completely after comfortably being able to run 10/15k and 5k in around 22 mins.

I'm back to square one basically, did a 5k in 30 mins on Sunday night, but still feel too sore to go again. Am I better off waiting until I feel 100% or getting back out and seeing if I can handle another 5k?

Nice steady 9 miler last night....goodnight for a run......most people I have seen out running on that route before which I assume is because of the shut gyms etc and it being one of the only things you can leave the house for.

I appear to have lost the plot with training. Basically stopped running completely after comfortably being able to run 10/15k and 5k in around 22 mins.

I'm back to square one basically, did a 5k in 30 mins on Sunday night, but still feel too sore to go again. Am I better off waiting until I feel 100% or getting back out and seeing if I can handle another 5k?

It's all down to how you feel in yourself. Personally I quite like a run when I'm a bit sore, I'm hurting anyway so I might as well run and hurt. I wouldn't recommend you follow that advice though! On the other hand, if I have a rest day I always run so much better next time.

It's all down to how you feel in yourself. Personally I quite like a run when I'm a bit sore, I'm hurting anyway so I might as well run and hurt. I wouldn't recommend you follow that advice though! On the other hand, if I have a rest day I always run so much better next time.

I know what you mean - being stuck in all day I'm dying to get out,but I dont want to have a stinker and suffer psychologically for it.

I know what you mean - being stuck in all day I'm dying to get out,but I dont want to have a stinker and suffer psychologically for it.

If I’m feeling banged up to that extent I usually just go for a walk but that’s preference.

If you’re more or less starting from scratch I probably wouldnt push too hard too soon though.

Approach it as starting from scratch, 5k is too far to start with imo. When I first started I spent about a month just doing 1 mile

Track interval session tonight, was tricky on my own but got through it, 24:02 for 5km as part of it which is fastest of the year so far and it wasn’t really intentional so I’m pleased with that.
Can't really time a 5km if you're doing intervals

Can't really time a 5km if you're doing intervals

It’s what the bulk of the session came out as, so it was 1km warm up, then the intervals which lasted 5km exactly, which was canny but I had no clue about, and then 1km warm down.

I hadn’t done that session before so I didn’t know how long the main session would be. Happy enough with it, still miles off my best but that wasn’t the point tonight really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back